unlikely alliance (opal SL)

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

unlikely alliance (opal SL)

Post by DoF Archive » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:47 pm

Date: 9/25/1998 9:57 PM Central Daylight Time

Seth sat alone at the dinner table, picking at the food he prepared that night. He pondered the events of the past few weeks quietly. Luna had continued her quest to get revenge on him by hiring bounty hunters left and right to bring him to her, dead or alive. He shook his head. No one would believe that he had changed so much since that day. He wanted to say that he was sorry, but he couldn't
even go out in public without risking his life. Still, he had to do it sooner or later.
All of a sudden, the was a loud, insistant knocking at the door. He arose from his seat and strided off to answer it. When he opened the door however, there was nothing there but a note at his feet. He picked it up slowly and proceded to read. "To Seth Mask, Khorien requests that you meet with him at your earliest convenience. Bring the goods and he is willing to discuss payment for your services." He frowned as he crumpled up the note. So
Khorien had finally decided to talk. God only knew what tricks were up his sleeves, but he had an ace in the hole that he didn't remember from the last conference. He picked up the pouch from his dresser and headed off into the woods.
He didn't bother to knock as he entered Khorien's house. He probably knew that it was him anyway. "Ok, Khorien. I'm here. Now are you willing to talk or what?" He took a seat across from him and tried to keep a strong, business-like demeanor.
Khorien stared at him with those burning eyes. "No, I cannot reveal the names of those behind this project, but I can tell you that you're a very instrumental part of it. I need those opals of yours right now. Just name your price and I'll meet it." He hoped that this kid didn't try to play hardball with him. He didn't want things to get ugly just yet.
Seth pulled out his pouch and dumped the opals onto a table. "Here you are, sir. A perfect copy of each opal. Of course, giving them duplicate powers is your responsibilty, but I'm willing to deal this time. All I want is for you to talk to your superiors and try to get me in. I have a feeling that they are far more widespread than most people believe. A group of that size usually could use a guy like me in their ranks."
Khorien looked at him intently. What caused this sudden change in his behavior. Last time he couldn't even stand up for himself. Now he was like he was when they first met, manipulative, controlling, cool, and arrogant. "I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, do you mind if I hang onto the opals. I need them right now if I'm to give them their powers."
Seth sat back and smiled. "Sure go ahead. I don't mind this time. I believe that are goals are mutually beneficial. Just remember that they're made of solid sound. I can make them dissolve at any time I feel like. So if you cross me, you're plans go down the drain as well."
Khoriens jaw almost hit the ground. So that was his hidden trick. If he didn't do what Seth wanted him too, he'd ruin everything. He would have to get them to the lab and hope they could be duplicated before he tried anything foolish. "I think that is reasonable. thank you for bringing me the opals. I'll contact you before I do anything else, ok?"
Seth rose from his chair and headed for the door. "No problem. Good doing business with you Khorien. "He closed the door behind him and headed off to take care of some more business.