Challenges

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:52 am

Date: 9/2/97 6:40 PM Pacific Standard Time

Anonymous;

Oh, come now, have I damaged your pride? I offer only rebuttal to a purely scornful post, and this is your reaction- that I am not allowed to do so, and that having done so am therefor lacking any positive qualities. A truly courteous disposition you do impress on me.

~Draven
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:53 am

Date: 9/2/97 7:02 PM Pacific Standard Time

Just sign it you whining toady. Whoever you are, why can you not say what you need to say rather than hiding behind pen and paper. Many there are in this honorable sport who would disagree with my prescience, my worthiness and the company I keep, yet even I have the courage to stand behind my own words.

I would correct you on one point, at least Draven has the courage to stand by his own statements, right or wrong, rather than simply hide behind them.

Alyxz Taliesen.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/3/97 4:57 AM Pacific Standard Time

::walks up to the boards and slams a note on the boards to put an end to what he started::

Draven,
No more words, see ya in the rings. Hope ya bring a doctor to fix up the beating I'm gonna make sure you get that night.

-Dal

::limps away on the injured leg.. off to practice in ancticipation of the now upcoming challenge::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/3/97 12:40 PM Pacific Standard Time

>>Some who've not yet even uttered a word to me seem so eager to toss their mindless words onto the wagon and send it downhill toward the current target- Draven.<<

So now you're not allowed to have a dislike of a person or their actions unless you've talked to this person?
The reasoning you use may be valid to you, Draven, but keep one thing in mind. There are opinionated people in DoS who have overheard what you say and seen what you do. Without knowing your driving force they'll react based on what they see and hear first hand, or what other people tell them. And these people, as you've seen, have no qualms about stating their opinions. And you, as I and others have seen, have no qualms against rebuking opinions different to yours, opinions uttered by people
you've never spoken to.
Some might word this hypocritical. At this point in time, I do.
~Ally St. Reynolds
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:54 am

Date: 9/3/97 2:47 PM Pacific Standard Time

As a note, I'm no longer responding to dolts who fail even to fully comprehend my words.

~Draven
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:54 am

Date: 9/3/97 2:50 PM Pacific Standard Time

> Yet, just as a queue of challenges is within the permitable rules for those
> Barons, an immediate challenge is allowed in my case. The matters are
> truly one in the same, so please refrain from the hypocritical remarks
> be merely targeting me and letting others lie.

Draven,

In fact, this challenge of yours is not allowed by the rules and it is you who I see as the hypocrit. For as much as you have recently belittled other's attempts to seek titles, it would lead one to believe that you had a respect for the sport. Apparently that was a mistaken belief.

Had you a respect for the Overlordship, if not the person holding the title, and for the sport itself, I'd imagine you would have at least taken the time to recheck the history and traditions to make your challenge valid. Instead, you have thrown forth a hastilly put together writing, which is naught but a waste of time to those of us who read it, for its lack of validity.

There is a difference between a challenge queue to a renegade Baron and an invalid challenge to the Overlord. It is hardly hypocritical to despise the later when, idealy, that title is the sybolic head of this sport. What is hypocritical, is to issue attacks on others for their challenges when one can not take the time to get his own right.

~Kalamere Ar'Din...
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:55 am

Date: 9/3/97 3:29 PM Pacific Standard Time

>> In fact, this challenge of yours is not allowed by the rules and it is you who I see as the hypocrit. For as much as you have recently belittled other's attempts to seek titles, it would lead one to believe that you had a respect for the sport. Apparently that was a mistaken belief.<<

Kal..

Where in the rules is it shown how "long" one must wait after a challenge is completed to issue a challenge? Kindly point this out so I will know "exactly" what rule was broken.. I am quite interested to know.. In others words put yer money where yer mouth is lad... If yer goin tae toss about rules and regulations please be sure of what ya speak... I know full well Dravens challenge was sent after Mathias put up the results of Humas challenge against Dalamar.

Take note.. the Draven dinnae make it a public announcement as to his challenge.. he notified only Dalamar.. the overlord who chose to go public with this... It is my understanding that Draven didn't plan to make his challenge public until the peer wins were confirmed... I'm sure I'm be corrected if I'm wrong.

Colleen MacLeod

::in large letters not afraid to back up her big mouth::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/3/97 3:34 PM Pacific Standard Time

Colleen... and other interested parties.

Draven's challenge is invalid because it was issued prior to the posting of the standings following Dalamar's defense. The rules clearly state that a challenge is not complete until the standings are made public, and the result declared official by that publication.

Very simple.

Frankly... I am disappointed.

~irm
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/3/97 4:06 PM Pacific Standard Time

Kalamere;

Such an interesting correlation you've placed between failure to note a rule and disrespect. I do acknowledge that my challenge was improperly announced, but I refuse to accept that as proof that I lack respect. On a further note, are you then inferring that due to my recent words against others' challenges you'd considered me an honorable person of sorts? That causes me only to laugh at your twisted notion of honor. In short, one may attack others with malicious intent - which is not to say that I
was ever intentionally malicious - but only if one remains unhypocritical?

Lord MacKenzie;

I do so humbly apologize for my disappointing you. However, if my failure to note one line of the rules shatters your entire impression of me, then you may, with all due respect, go to hell.

Duelists;

I'd just like to make it known that I never made any attempt to publically announce my challenge. Were I dealing with rational people, this could have been handled with haste and calm demeanors on all sides. I am sorry that this was made impossible by the Overlord's ranting. As of now, my challenge is officially rescinded.

~^v^~
Draven Altruis Il
Knight Marshal, Questrion
Warlord, DoS
~^v^~
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:56 am

Date: 9/3/97 5:16 PM Pacific Standard Time

Lord Alrtruis~

Your failure to note one line of the rules was disappointing. It was not something to cause my impression of you to be shattered.

Your quick decision to invite me to visit the infernal realms, on the other hand, was.

~irm
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:56 am

Date: 9/3/97 5:26 PM Pacific Standard Time

As he posted the note to the cork, Iain frowned. He scowled at the botched script on the note, and did his best to correct the error.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:57 am

Date: 9/4/97 8:38 PM Pacific Standard Time

Look. I'm no saint. I'm no guardian angel of the sport, and I certainly can be hypocritical at times. However, even I, someone who loves to see duelers harassing each other antagonistically to set up a great grudge challenge match, must acknowledge that this is getting way out of hand. I don't mean to seem condescending, but you both could take some pointers from the way Bapheloc and I handled ourselves during the process of my challenge.
Was I angry at Baph? Yes. I was. And everyone who attended the Huma's challenge knows it. However, when I posted my challenge, I posted it with respect.
I was and am just as disappointed and angry with Bapheloc's decision to retire as either you, Draven, or you, Dalamar, is with the other. But I refused to post my challenge while I was still angry and thus, while I certainly made my disappointment with Bapheloc's behavior clear, I posted with dignity and respect. These two qualities combine to form perhaps the most important facet of the duels: sportsmanship. I respect each and everyone one of my fellow peers as fine duelists. I may dislike a few
as people, but I certainly respect their prowess.
Everytime I become so enraged at a fellow dueler's actions that I want to berate him/her severly, I simply wait until I am calm and remember that this dueler is a respect-worthy peer who has earned his/her right to duel in whatever way he/she pleases. There is no universal moral or ethical law. Each of us believes what he/she wants to. While I may dislike others' beliefs, I certainly respect their rights to have them.
I'm not saying we should all hold hands and sing Christmas carols to each other, I'm just asking that before we let blood red anger grip us in her Herculean vices, we should consider the dignity, respect, courage, and pride in oneself that it takes to be a warlord, baron, or even overlord of DoS.

Ulath