The Horsemen Ride..

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

The Horsemen Ride..

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:05 pm

Date: 9/12/1997 5:29 PM Central Standard Time

It started as an idle thought, a suggestion borne out of frustration with the way things were going in the Outback.

They'd come together on a quiet night, to give the idea consideration, and had given life to a new force in the sport. They entered the building that night as individuals, and had left as members of a team; but much more than that.

Now it was time for the Four Horsemen to ride...

This is where their stories will be written, for the future to look back upon.

~~~~~~~~
{ /| }
{ / | }
{ / | }
{ ~~~~~~ }
DoF Archive
Archivist

Here we are..ready or not.

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:06 pm

Date: 9/12/1997 5:43 PM Central Standard Time

The Logo of the Four Horsemen

~~~~~~~~
{ /| }
{ / | }
{ / @| }
{ ~~~~~~ }
{ | }
{ | }
~~~~~~~~

The charter members:

Shannon Colton - DoF's "Bad Girl"; former Diamond and one of the top talents in the league. One of two people to break the 100 WoL marker, and back in the sport after a long injury leave.

Matthew "Goldglo" Simon - The other member of the "Century Club"; originator of the "Golden Grab" and a veteran of the sport. Noted both for his toughness and skill.

Janella "Jaded Death" Vallonia - Though fairly new to the Outback, already considered a rising talent; win or lose, she inflicts a serious beating on anyone facing her. She's got intimidation down to a science.

The fourth member of the group, Bob "Tex" Braxx, had decided not long ago to retire from active competition to concentrate solely on both his calling as a DoF RDI, and as the Keeper of the Standings. So now, the search is one for a fourth person to take his position in their roster - to complete the circle. And then, the Horsemen will ride..
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re:The Horsemen Ride..

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:08 pm

Date: 9/12/1997 9:34 PM Central Standard Time

::grins mischievously:: ::starts to write quickly::

Goon like horsey, be good horsey man!

::tacks it up and ambles off, convinced he's fooled everyone by not signing his name::
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:09 pm

Date: 9/12/1997 11:18 PM Central Standard Time

::reads the post and smiles::
::Posts his own::

It'll take faster horses than you have to catch Team LRWWWC.

::Posts and runs laughing::
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:10 pm

Date: 9/21/1997 10:45 AM Central Standard Time

::steps up, noticing the posts about Teams::

::raises his regal gaze up and reads the posting::
::twists his lips in a grin:: they need another member do they?

::an idea fly's through his mind and he smiles::
then they will have one..

Malefestra Enterboss
~Emerald of DoF~
~Member of ABYSS~
~Brother of Kain Locke~
~Member of the Blood House Onyx~
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:23 pm

Date: 9/21/1997 3:28 PM Central Standard Time

A lone figure of 6'ft 2 inches sits on a jet black stallion with silver armor covering its flanks, head, and thighs. The figure is dressed in a flowing outfit black pants, and a black silk lace-up shirt. He is not extremely inposing in figure, but his look can melt mens egos with a single look. His arms are very large however, especially in the bicep area, when he flexs the silk shirt smooths around the large bicep. He gets off the horse and looks to the people around him, his golden eyes piercing. "I
seek to join the four horsemen."
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:25 pm

Date: 9/23/1997 12:34 PM Central Standard Time

::::muses as he studies the boards with the obligatory action to show that he is, indeed "in character" so as not to offend the draconic and capriciously censorious hand of the Board Gods::::

"Looks like you started yourself another guild here, Shanni.... "

::::walks off with another unnecessary but required action::::
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:27 pm

Date: 9/23/1997 11:55 PM Central Standard Time

::walks over to the board, letter in hand:: ::tacks up the note, and walks away, hoping that his application is accepted::

To the esteemed members of the Four Horsemen (minus one):

Having been a duelist in the Outback for some time, I've looked forward to each day that I could compete with the best of the league. Now, unfortunately, I went through a period where I was quite unfocused, which greatly affected my record. I know that wins over losses aren't everything, but it seems that the Four Horsemen represent some of the greatest duelers in the sport, which is why I would like to give my application for the final spot in the Four Horsemen. Now, I know that I'm not an Emerald
like Mal, or a member of any House or Clan, but I believe that I'm more than capable of filling my spot as a member. During my short career in the Duel of Fists, I've gone head to head with the best in the sport and given them a good fight, win or lose, including the very members of the Four Horsemen themselves. And, coming off of the slump, I've become more focused than ever, and am currently on a 12 and 2 streak, over a period of 3 days in the Outback, moving from Glass to Ruby in a week. I'm not
sure if this is enough to become a member, but I sincerely hope so. I would love the chance to go toe-to-toe with the best of the best in this new sport of ours.

Sincerely,
Ryan Mercury
DoF Archive
Archivist

Note

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:28 pm

Date: 9/26/1997 5:38 PM Central Standard Time

::tacked onto the message board behind the bar::

Our response to anyone who'd like to join....y'don't have to ask. Trust me...we'll be watching everyone, and when the time comes, you'll know. Actions speak louder than words, 'nuff said.

As for us being a 'guild'? Percy, that's so ridiculous I almost didn't bother replying. But, since you had to bring it up....

We are not a "Guild". Bite your tongue. You won't be seeing any 'light' or 'dark' references here. We don't fight for anything, except ourselves and our sport. We don't 'solicit' and 'recruit' - when we find the right person to fit in the fourth slot, we'll contact them in our own way. We don't have ranks (unless you count our DoF ranks - and my friend, we *earned* those.), we don't have a badge, and we don't live and die by a set of initials.

We are, simply put..the Four Horsemen. And that's really all you need to know.

~Shannon