challenge

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

challenge

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:42 am

Date: 9/3/97 4:23 PM Pacific Standard Time

Daegarth! Daegarth, I challenge three from righteous ire! Daegarth, your ring shall be mine to wear, and I shall wear it for a long time! Daegarth, cower in fear! I am calling you out! I have peer wins, many of them, fruitful and good! I wish to wear your ring, the eight ring, the one true ring! All others mean naught but yours, vagrant!
::scribbles a picture of a cow carcass:: This shall be your ego!
::scribbles a rotten egg:: This your pride!
::scribbles a woman:: This you, if my low cuts strike true!

Here are those I have vanquished!
4-3-97, SGlowacki1 5-4 win, warlord, RDI Fish
4-4-97, RLupton 5-3 win, warlord, RDI Alais
4-4-97, HALF DWARF 5-2 win, baron, RDI Alais
4-4-97, Verceterix 5-1 win, warlord, RDI Golden
4-4-97, Xyclone 5-1.5 win, warlord, RDI Luth
4-5-97, DamonBlack 5-2, warlord, RDI Xeno
4-6-97, LadyEllisa 5-2 win, warlord, RDI Ranger
4-10-97, Sau Bau 5.5-4.5 win, warlord, RDI Clo
4-10-97, LordovDale 5-2 win, warlord, RDI Mimi
4-10-97, AJaybird2 5-3 win, baron, RDI Clo
Hah! Respond soon, vile worm!
Greg
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:43 am

Date: 9/3/97 5:14 PM Pacific Standard Time

Lord Mithmellon~

If you lose to this oaf, my retribution will be even more annoying than anything he might have dreamed of.

With amusement,

Iain MacKenzie
Lord Tynsdale
Ever-Present Spectre of the Eighth Ring.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/3/97 5:23 PM Pacific Standard Time

::limps up to the posts and then falls over laughing.. unable to control himself and completely hysterical.. he finally calmls down.. realizing that this is infact a disgrace, and he should be angry.. not amused:: <m>

Greg,
You can't even challenge yet, kid. Daegarth's last challenge isn't official.. all you did was make a fool of yourself and bring the wrath of the upcoming Baronial Council directed in your way. May you sleep in the bed you've made. ::sighs and walks away::

-Dal
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/3/97 5:55 PM Pacific Standard Time

::sighs::

Swordsboy,

As Dal said, you are not yet allowed to challenge until the next standings come out. Yet... look at where your post lay. You have challenged, even before a public announcement by Clo of the victorious challenge of the new Baron. His ring, along with mine, and the others are all equal. There is no one *true* ring. If you think that, than I urge you to seek a new mind to fit in that thick skull. And as for your many fruitful and good peer wins... I hope you have a lot more, because I will
personally do my best to see that they are discarded.

~Phil
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:44 am

Date: 9/3/97 6:02 PM Pacific Standard Time

Actually, since he also retired and these peer wins come from before that time, I think the peer wins are invalid as well.

Personally, I'm getting sick of people not taking time to read the rules of this sport. It's saddening to see so many Warlords that don't even know how to challenge properly.

~Rix
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/4/97 11:33 AM Pacific Standard Time

::shakes her head::

That was just plain rude. I dare say you done messed up.

::walks away::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/4/97 5:39 PM Pacific Standard Time

:: blinks and thinks to himself results not up, retired warlord with peer wins retroactive behind return date, challenge made, then results on board, results in standings, ... seems like a ruling might be happening here ::

Dex
still Loyal to RhyDin
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:45 am

Date: 9/4/97 5:43 PM Pacific Standard Time

Didn't he challenge incorrectly once before too? Perhaps we need a strike out policy, geeez.

Kapri
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:45 am

Date: 9/4/97 10:31 PM Pacific Standard Time

Well, I don't know how many times I've talked about improper challenges... and let me just say, that this kid is the one that got me started on it. He didn't even bother to tell me he challenged me when I was a Baron. I read about it in the weekly standings. Out of three challenges to my Baron's ring, two would be consider improper as I was informed of them by reading about them on the boards or in the Standings.

Strip his peer wins and his ability to challenge for the rest of the cycle. If he does it again, two cycles. One more time. No more challenges at all. Something has got to be done about this, it's getting completely ridiculous.

Nova
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:46 am

Date: 9/5/97 4:22 AM Pacific Standard Time

::covers her mouth, suppressing hysterically laughter, tears coming from her eyes, her shoulders shaking in silent laughing sobs, scribbles on a small sheet of paper::

You've done it again, Greg!
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:46 am

Date: 9/5/97 12:19 PM Pacific Standard Time

::stumbles upon this message and the responses, posts his own::

I don't know if this is the proper place to put this, but personally, about three months after I started this (mabye earlier or later, I don't really know when), I saw the rules section, and noticed the challenge rules. I knew I wasn't eligible to challenge ,but it was just too tempting. So I took a look at them, and after reading them over and over again a few times, I understood them just about completely. And now it's been about six months since I've joined, and although the highest I've even been was
a M@A for a week, I still know them. I don't know what my point really is, mabye just what everyone else is trying to point out. Mabye even if you'll never make it to warlord (I could be a perfect example), it'll be good to know them, just in case a situation arises when you need that knowledge.

Just wantin' to say somethin',
Sumgi
~no titles to list~