Challenge Results: 5th Ring

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Challenge Results: 5th Ring

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:31 pm

Date: 9/5/97 7:34 PM Pacific Standard Time

On this day, the Fifth Day o' the Nineth Month, called by name September, a' the hour o' ten an' the half (10:30) by the Easter Clock, did Warlord G'nort Espelande G'neesmacher Dragoon Talanador face Renegade Baron Skyler Jackson Chamberland fer the righ' an' honor ta bear the Fifth Baron's Ring. The duel was hard an' well fough' by both, an' the results are as follows:

Round G'nort Skyler Score

1 High Cut Circular Parry 1-0 G'nort
2 Fancy Lateral Parry Thrust 2-0 G'nort
3 High Cut Fancy Circular Parry 3-0 G'nort
4 Thrust Fancy Sidestep 3-1 G'nort
5 Fancy Circular Parry Thrust 4-1 G'nort
6 Low Cut Fancy Duck 5-1 G'nort FINAL

So did G'nort defeat Skyler 5-1 in 6 rounds, an' become the bearer o' the Fifth Ring.

So witnessed by,

Turienal Firesinger o' Scadicca
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:31 pm

Date: 9/5/97 8:18 PM Pacific Standard Time

First off, congratulations, G'nort. May your reign be long and happy. I must say it was a pleasure to lose to such a respectful, and well-skilled challenger.

As for my performance in the duel, I did the best I could, therefore, I don't feel bad. But I would like to say that my skills are not as bad as the score suggests; I am ashamed somewhat that I lost so pathetically. I had some bad luck tonight...guessing the wrong parries, etc. But nonetheless, I came out hard and fast, and G'nort defended me beautifully, one step ahead the whole time.

And as for me, well I've had my share of Barony for a while, and I'm going to enjoy being a Warlord once more. I won't be challenging anytime soon. And I seriously suggest to any would-be challengers to give this new Baron some sort of grace period before you issue challenge; he has earned it. :-)

Again, congrats G'nort. I almost didn't mind giving up the ring to you becuase I knew it was going to be in such good hands.

~Skyler Jackson Chamberland, Warlord.
~Former holder of the 5th Baron's Ring.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:34 pm

Date: 9/5/97 8:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
MsgId:

Skyler,

Thank you for honoring me not only with the right to challenge you for your title, but as well as with your words. I am pleased I had faced a person who not only has good skill with the blade, but treats his opponents with the respect that you have. Perhaps one day, if I am still the holder of the ring, you could allow me the honor of presenting you with a rematch. Once again, thank you for your words and the duel itself.

Thank you Turienal for being my caller this eve, you did a wonderful job as always up until that point where you were rudely abducted by the punt beasties::smiles:: And when you returned, you did again continue your skillful calling. I thank you for that.

I'd like to thank my friends who were there to witness the duel and who were cheering me on as well. Thank you Drake for being at my side as my second, it was apprieciated::smiles::

And, as always, I would like to take the time to thank my lovely wife for being at my side as my Lady of Honor. your words before the duel had inspired me for certain. I did indeed win this for our unborn son.

And I consider this an official announcement of the fact that My wife and I are going to have a child in the upcoming months. It is an event I am most looking forward to and am very proud of.

Again, Thanks to all who attended and who congratulated me. And to my opponent, Skyler, who did indeed have me pressed hard. Luck flew my way as well, this eve, for the better. You are a skilled duelist, and let none tell you otherwise.

*G*
New Baron of the Duel of Swords.
::awaits the ones he knows are going to challenge as soon as the standings are up::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:35 pm

Date: 9/5/97 11:21 PM Pacific Standard Time

Impressive, Gnort.

Well won.

::grins::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:35 pm

Date: 9/6/97 4:22 AM Pacific Standard Time

Indeed mon cabin boy Baron, well won.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:36 pm

Date: 9/6/97 10:51 AM Pacific Standard Time

::strides into the arena having stopped by town for supplies, Gilyan held tightly against his chest asleep in his arms. Looks upon the announcement concerning the 5th ring his mind traveling back to his many meetings with G'nort in the rings. Standing for a long minute in contemplation he smiles to himself satisfied the ring is in good hands, but determined to be conscious of the new Baron's actions. Takes quill in hand dipping it in the ink upon the table by the boards::

Baron G'nort,

Well done and congratulations on regaining adornment for your finger. May you wear it proudly and with honor, and may your reign be long and prosperous.

Simply a common man,

Mathias DeWinter
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:36 pm

Date: 9/6/97 11:49 AM Pacific Standard Time

Gnortie-
Congrats to you, but also congrats to Skyler for being such a gentleman about it all.. Wiah I coulda been there with a "{S Gnort}" to cheer ya on..

-- Lucian
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:37 pm

Date: 9/6/97 2:37 PM Pacific Standard Time

Congratulations to both of you for handling yourselves so well both in and out of the rings. It seems you both exemplify what we all must strive to be: respectful. G'nort, you challenged with respect and pride and you won with dignity. Skyler, you understood that his challenge was in no way brought about by malicious intent and you defended valiantly. Even more to your credit, your congratulations to him were sincere and heartfelt. My hat's (though I generally don't wear one) off to both of you for
an exemplary challenge match.

Ulath
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/6/97 2:42 PM Pacific Standard Time

G'nort;

May you be fortunate enough to end this recently implemented curse and reign past your first defense.

~Draven
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/6/97 3:20 PM Pacific Standard Time

Skyler~

Well tried indeed. It's not often you see someone present themselves in such a noble manner under the circumstances.

~ Elle

Gnortie~

Well done. I witnessed a beautiful display of swordsmanship from you both. May your reign be long.

~ Elle
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:38 pm

Date: 9/7/97 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

Hey Kid, it's about time! ::Lopsided grin::

Good luck.

BRK
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/8/97 4:18 AM Pacific Standard Time

::Smiles as she tacks a small note to the board:

Congratulation Gnort. May your keeping of the 5th be long and glorious.

Khrys
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/10/97 5:01 PM Pacific Standard Time

Well Won G an Well defended Skyler!!!
Accolades ta both o yas on yer displays o nha onlah skill but o Honor as well...may yer blades alwahs strike quick an true...Cept gainst me :)

Xy