Baronal Challenge

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Baronal Challenge

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:37 pm

Date: 9/16/97 5:10 PM Pacific Standard Time

I am writting today to declare my Baronal Challenge to Baron Daegarth Mithmellon. This challenge comes for a number of different reasons.

One reason reason and the main reason is that Baron Daegarth Mithmellon is the only Renegade under Overlord Dalamer ArD'aumon. Dalamer is one of the people I respect the most, for he has given me more respect than most people I know. I would defend him against just about anyone there is if he so desired me to do so.

Another reason is that I have never set foot in the Ring with Daegarth Mithmellon. He has been Thrice Baron now and an Overlord once in his time here amoung the Rings of the DoS, and I feel it would be a great honor to be allowed to face him in the Rings in Baronal match. His style would be/is a compleate mystery to me and this makes the match all the more exciting.

A final reason is a bit of a more personal standard.Seeing from the standings that Daegarth Mithmellonis is becoming an "Absent" Baron. To me, this is a bit odd since he just came out of retirment. One thing I do believe in, when it comes to politics, is Baron's being active. I do not understand why a Baron (any Baron) would hold a Ring and not duel. If it is because of personal problems I believe a Baron should retire the Ring since he seems that the Baron has more important problems to deal with. This
is a personal veiw, and I am not asking anyone to agree.

I will not deny that the Title of Baron is not appealing to me, it always has been. It is not, however, the entire or even the majority of the reason for this challenge. It is for a number of reason all of which were stated in the above.

I have not included the names of the people I defeated as Peer Wins because many people do not enjoy seeing their name on such lists. I did, however, include twenty five differant "Peer Wins" and hope that each and every one of them are valid. People contantly talk about changing the number of required Peer Wins so I have made it my own requirment to do so before even thinking about a Challenge. I required myself to have twenty at the very least, I had twenty five.

I shall anounce my own Second and Lady of Honor when Golden verifies that my Peer Wins are legitiment. The time, place and caller is up to Baron Daegarth, but I shall do all of the work to get the match on it's way ((Meaning I'll write the letters and put up all of the posts) unless the Baron chooses otherwise.

I bid the Baron, Daegarth Mithmellon the best of skill, hope and luck on our match to come, and I truthfully mean that.

Respectivlly,

~^~Sir Damien Cetran~^~
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:37 pm

Date: 9/17/97 7:34 AM Pacific Standard Time

::believes Damien will be even more "impressed" to find out Daegarth is a *4*-time baron and a former Overlord::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:38 pm

Date: 9/17/97 8:34 AM Pacific Standard Time

::flushes::

Damien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::runs off to sharpen Belief::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:38 pm

Date: 9/17/97 9:04 AM Pacific Standard Time

Luck to you, Damien...
Rad
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:39 pm

Date: 9/17/97 9:57 AM Pacific Standard Time

Adonia? Did I do something? ::A bit confused::

And thank you Rad.

~^~Sir Damien~^~
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/17/97 11:43 AM Pacific Standard Time

Damien,
I'd like to wish you the best of luck in your challenge. I would be honored and excited to have you as a Loyal Baron under my reign.

Baron Daegarth,
You have done nothing to antagonize me, and I believe that in our minimal meetings with eachother, we have never had anything but a relationship of mutual respect. Good luck in your defense, may you fight well and with honor.

sincerely,
Lord Dalamar Ar'Daumon

Overlord of the Duel of Swords
Lord of the Dale
Guardian of the Oldest House
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/17/97 12:50 PM Pacific Standard Time

YEA!

Beat each other to a pulp!

::Takes his medication::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:40 pm

Date: 9/21/97 8:50 AM Pacific Standard Time

Sir Cetran,

I do accept yer challenge to my baronial ring. As do I respect yer challenge, the only civil challenge that has been given to myself in the years I have been dueling. I will nae dally about with words as to yer reasons...they are yer own. But know that I do nae care for being accused of being an 'Absent Baron'.

Daegarth Mithmellon
House of Phoenix
Holder of the 8th
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:40 pm

Date: 9/22/97 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

Baron Daegarth Mithmellon.

Forgive me if I insulted you. If the way my words came around made you believe that I was accusing you of being and "absentee", then please forgive me. I did not mean in it that respect. I was attempting to state by the dates set on the Standings were showing more than a little bit of absence.

In my opinion, the perfect example of an "Absent" Baron would have been Devion Silverblade, Baron of the Thrid Ring before Rand alTan. As I watched the Standings, the date of his last duel remained the same. He did duel at least once before the cycle change, which was around the same time as his Baronal match with Alec Damron. Devion did state, however, that he had grown bored with dueling... and he showed it quite well. About a month after he lost his Ring to Rand alTan, he retired from the Rings.

To me, that little story was the perfect example of an "Absent" Baron. You did not cross that line, but I was begining to fear that it might have been coming to... as I was not the only one who noticed it. I did doubt however, that it would have been to Devion's extreame.

Again, allow me to express my apoligy for any insult that I may have placed upon you, for it was not intentional and I am not looking to make any enemies with this challenge.

Respectfully Submitted,

~^~Sir Damien Cetran~^~