Just some thoughts....

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Just some thoughts....

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:02 pm

Date: 10/13/1997 11:44 AM Central Standard Time

::walks to the boards and reads over the notes with a bit of stagger to his step. Brown eyes gaze critically over the words and lips turn into a small frown. Once again he goes into the Outback gent's room and pulls off a nice long roll of toliet paper and finds a spare crayon to write with.

writing in broad lazy strokes he writes::

1. Congrats to you Jeff on a fine win. I wish you the best during your reign as the Diamond.

2. Every emerald was invited to Diamond Quest. Every emerald has a chance to win. The Diamond is not a popularity contest it is about dueling. Dueling takes place in the *ring* not on the boards.

3. I agree that Jeff was not around as much as myself or many others. Why then did he beat the crap out of all of us who had much more practice? Seems Jeff had the skill to win and needed less practice then us to win. Luck is not a reason, it is a cop out for duelers who did not win themselves.

4. Don't rip people's posts down, I have every right to read what they have to say. I will judge for myself if the words carry weight or not. If you are going to stick up for a friend do it in the ring.

5. Everyone has an opinion, that is very true. But when I see words like "moron" and "idiot" in posts I care very little for the persons words and only focus on the negative attitude. I am not asking you to like each other...I don't think that will ever happen. But at least if your going to try and make a point use the reason the good lord gave you and make it. Don't act like a child. Don't come to me saying "He started it." We are all responsible
for ourselves and the way we act is a reflection of the way we are treatedort is responsible for what *WE* do. Attendance in another arena does not leak out our own good judgement. By labeling a sport or a person we are commiting as grave an error as the person we ary trying to condem.

7. I just added this one to prove I could count this high.

In the end it is all settled in the ring. The ring is where we prove our words. If you don't like someone or something punchitinnaface.

See you in the ring,
Robert
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Just some thoughts....

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:04 pm

Date: 10/13/1997 1:22 PM Central Standard Time

::looks over Bob's post:: ::grins::: ::scribbles::

If can count lot high, where 6?

Goon
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Just some thoughts....

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:05 pm

Date: 10/13/1997 9:17 PM Central Standard Time

Just one more thing and then my pen is dry, as far as this subject's concerned. You're absolutely right, Bob....words like "moron" and "idiot" shouldn't be used lightly....neither should words like "twit". Maybe I am one, but I'd like for the names to be used because of something legitimate, instead of his sole opinion. I'm just as ready to talk nicely as the next guy. :)

Ryan
Warrior of the Fists,
Student of the Black Rose,
-=Ryan Mercury=-