A Day in the Life

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

A Day in the Life

Post by DoS Archive » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:03 pm

Date: 8/14/97 10:18 PM Eastern Standard Time

Slothie had come to the practice rings to relax in the company of his peers and forget about his troubles for a while. He’d learned to listen to his totem spirit long ago, and when it said “take a break from the daily grind!”, it meant it.
.....so there he was, bounding into the usually sparsely populated arena, only to find himself in a sea of duelists. Worse yet, his enthusiastic entrance stumbled to an uncharacteristic halt when he looked to the rings.
(m)Oh no. .. .I didn’t even shave. . . .
There, grinning in the ring from a recent victory, was the only opponent he hadn’t been prepared to face. To make it worse, she was motioning him to her ring! What could he do? Beg off on the grounds he had an overwhelming crush? The Shaman slunk into the ring, blushing from head to toe. For the first time ever, he wished he’d never handed in his business suit for a loincloth.
He sighed, saluted, and began his dance. His timid electric slide caught him a wooden stake in the forehead, as he smacked his stick into her calves.
----the sound of a bubble being popped between white teeth----
What am I doing????? he thought. If Buffy wants to duel, let’s dance!

He strutted a sassy samba. He trotted out a tremendous tango. Dip. . .Dip! My god, she’s smiling! Spin. . . .Dip!

When the dust had settled, the Shaman was grinning too. He couldn’t remember feeling quite this way in the rings before. Had he won? Did it matter?

(q)You dance deeevinely!
DoS Archive
Archivist

Re:A Day in the Life

Post by DoS Archive » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:04 pm

Date: 8/15/97 11:23 AM Eastern Standard Time

::sits back chewing an apple as she watches the couple in the ring. Shaking her head in amazement, never having seen the Sloth quiet so light on his feet before. With a wicked grin she nudges Rad next to her and whispers::

Now tha' be a sweet sight to see
A blushin' Sloth an' a dancin' Buffy!

::chuckles, her dark green eyes twinkling with amusement as she watches the Ring around ta Roses::