Note.

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Note.

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:11 am

Date: 10/12/1997 2:59 PM Central Standard Time

I thought about what I was going to say.

I thought about pointing out that, once again, the no-shows finally decided to show, and lucked into a one-night road to glory.

I thought about saying how, once again, disgusted it makes me feel to see it happen, and to see those who *DO* show up once again get screwed.

But you know what? For once, I finally don't feel like it. I think I've finally had enough of this stupidity. So here it is, short and sweet.

Enjoy, all of you. It seems like things never do change, and never will change, so what the hell. Have a ball.

Don't bother replying to this, 'cause I really doubt I'll be coming this way again any time soon. Then again, if history is any judge, neither will you. Until the next DQ.

Shannon
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Note.

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:11 am

Date: 10/12/1997 3:29 PM Central Standard Time

::just nods at Shanni's note::<m> At least I had the decency to stay home.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:12 am

Date: 10/12/1997 11:01 PM Central Standard Time

Thank you, Shanni.....thanks for telling it straight. I've been saying this the entire time, but afraid that if I said my *real* opinion, that I'd be labeled a troublemaker. Thanks for showing me that not *all* of us just sit back and welcome this into our sport. I hope Jeff *does* become a model fighter and citizen of the Outback, but past history says otherwise. You're not alone, Shanni.

Ryan
Warrior of the Fists,
Ryan Mercury
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:13 am

Date: 10/12/1997 11:50 PM Central Standard Time

:: walks up to the board just a little peeved rips two of Ryans three notes down and puts one of his own ::

First, everyone is entitled to their personal views about those who go into the Diamond Quest and dont duel much in the Outback for regular duels. THAT is not what my problem is.

However,

Ryan..... I think one.. just one post would be sufficient to express your thought. The three posts you made are almost carbon copies of the same complaint and all within 48 hours of the tournament. No matter how you dress it up i find your continued comments rude and completely disrespectful for the newest Diamond. You said you would wait and give Jeff a chance and then you go and post twice more about your concern. Perhaps had you enjoyed *luck* and
found yourself hearing comments after you had became Diamond you would see how much crap what you are saying is. For example you would here about how *young* you are and how new to the sport you are and what a twit you were at DQ when talking to other duelers. I find what you did in a fake respect to Jeff absolutely uncalled for. I can accept a little more from Shanni because she has been around and might be able to have a foundation for her
comments. You have dueled less here than Jeff, have risen quickly through the ranks and now shoot off your mouth instead of giving a polite congrats.

By the way, Ryan dont think that some weak apology this time will go over as easily. You seem to frequently stick your foot in your mouth and then try and remove it with a belated I'm sorry.

((this was not a paid for advertisement by the Truth and Chaos Dueling Team .. snickers))

Dex MontoyaLoyal to RhyDin
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:14 am

Date: 10/12/1997 11:53 PM Central Standard Time

ps ...

i also take exception to the comments ----*all* of us---- and ----the OUR sport ----- as if those that duel in other venues are not entitled to participate in Fists

DoF Archive
Archivist

DoS Idiocy

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:15 am

Date: 10/13/1997 1:31 AM Central Standard Time

((First off, Dex, one of my entire posts was an RP scene....I never once put anything on the board then. Now, if I can continue....))

Looking down incredulously at the pages torn down from the board, Ryan places them back up neatly, along with a fresh message:

Okay, Dex...this is *exactly* what I was writing about, you moronic piece of garbage. People like you are the SINGLE reason I'm concerned about Jeff. FIRST of all, you have absolutely NO right tearing down posts just because YOU don't like them. Second of all, I can post as much as I want...know why? Because I *can* you little twit. Nothing I said was crap. If it was, then you should have been VERY displeased with Shanni's comments. And yet
you weren't...wonder why? And just because I'm "new" to the sport doesn't mean that I don't have my own opinions....and somehow I don't think it's Shanni's time here that you respect...she'd rip you a new sphincter if you *ever* talked to her that way. If someone was making comments about my luck, or that I'm new, I'd just take it in stride, much like Jeff is. And wow, to call me a twit because of my opinions....hmm, sounds like a real educated
response. And how *was* I being a twit? By telling my opponents "Good luck" before a match? By cheering my friend and mentor in the Finals? Yes, I did storm out after my second loss, and that was stupid. I KNOW that, I don't need you to tell me. Big talk coming from someone who didn't participate.

Oh, and BECAUSE I've risen quickly in the ranks, you see that as a point against me? I might not have dueled as much as him in the Outback, but in my 1st cycle here I've dueled about 50-60 duels, and have a WoL record that just happens to be above Jeff's. Also, I've been there every week since starting in the sport, unlike Jeff, who happened to show up 2 weeks before the DQ, like they always do every cycle. And I'm talking from the knowledge of
listening to the people who have been here for a long time, people like Shanni and Matt, people who have had a lot of experience here, MUCH more than you or Jeff, I might add....

And you can be ASSURED that I won't be apologizing anymore. For anything. Yes, I have stuck my foot in my mouth before, but not this time. If I were you, I'd be try to wedge that Size 12 out of my mouth right now for that post of yours....Your post is the epitomy of what's wrong with this sport. Someone who has made it as close as possible to the top in the other sports without actually achieving the top prize, someone with great skills, but
someone who has NO respect for the opinions of a person that just happens not to agree with him.

Someone who has gone as high as you have gone, to fall so low.....Wow, Dex....impressive.

Warrior of the Fists,
Student of the Black Rose,
-=Ryan Mercury=-
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: DoS Idiocy

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:16 am

Date: 10/13/1997 12:00 PM Central Standard Time

::slips a post up in an elegant hand::Well said, Bobby.. congratulations on holding that pen. ::scribbled wink:: This seems to happen every Quest. Someone wins that someone doesn't want to see win. I figure it's just simple jealousy. Everyone gets their shot, some have even made it to Diamond, yet this doesn't stop the complaints. I suppose I'll never understand that. Sometimes one has a bad night - even a Quest night - and loses; but, to have a bad attitude about the fortune of others is petty and ugly and doesn't belong in the game we love so well. Gee folks... Jeff's been around for a long time. Whooped my tail many times in the ring and I have respect for his ability. (Moreso because he's even shorter than I am.) He won the Diamond in a fair Quest, under fair callers. Circumstances prevented me from attending for more than a few minutes, but if the evening of duelling before the Quest was any indication, he'd have beaten me at the Quest as well. Congratulations Jeffrey, you deserved to win.Feel free to share my optimistic opinion folks.... ::with a flourish:: KyttnayahEmerald
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:16 am

Date: 10/13/1997 12:16 PM Central Standard Time

:: to noone in particular ::

Never said anyone wasnt entitled to their opinion ... just that i thought hearing it repeat was uncalled for.....

DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:17 am

Date: 10/14/1997 7:34 AM Central Standard Time

::tacks a post up:: Jammer..are you even an emerald? ::shakes his head, not knowing, but vaguely remembering him fighting at the DQ::

Why dont you congragulate Jeff on his win...instead of knocking him down cos you didnt. Dont jump on the Shanni bandwagon. I got my butt whooped, but I for one am happy that I was able to fight, as an emerald, in the tournament. I went 2 and out..but at least I showed some honor losing..

Malefestra
~Emerald of DoF~
~Brother to Kain Locke~
~Member of the Blood House Onyx~
~Still winless in all the two DQ's he's been in~
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:18 am

Date: 10/14/1997 10:45 PM Central Standard Time

Mal:

Allow me to speak my defense. I was saying these things before Shanni ever posted, so don't accuse me of jumping on the "bandwagon". I was merely praising her for putting the thoughts in a clearer manner. I did congratulate him on winning, and my attitude isn't because I lost in the tournament. Before you accuse me of something, make sure that you're using facts and not assumptions. I want all of the yelling and arguing to cease just as much as
anyone else, so this will be my last post on the subject, regardless of what's said as a result of this or any of the other posts based on this subject. I don't like arguing and yelling, believe it or not. I just hope we can all stop the bickering now, myself included.

Fist Fighter, Emerald, Pupil of the Black Rose
-=Ryan Mercury=-
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:19 am

Date: 10/16/1997 11:12 PM Central Standard Time

::reads all the posts and wonders why some are so wrinkled up. Oh, well. Posts his own::

Folks this is exactly what I'm talking about. A tournament takes place, people compete, someone wins, others lose. It's supposed to be fun. We are supposed to enjoy the competition, the Title is supposed to be just the icing on the cake. Icing is sweet, but it is the cake that is filling to our souls.

Some duel more, some duel less. Some duel well and rise quickly, some duel poorly and never rise. But duel we all do and those that have attained rank at whatever pace are entitled to the priveledges that come with it. If we are angered that some hold a rank, but do not duel much, yet still are able to participate in the Diamond Quest. Then be angry at the rules that give them such rights, not the person who excersises them. Change the rules if
you don't like them.

To Shanni personelly:

I truely hope you rethink your decision. I have always repected you as a dueler and a person. I always believed you dueled for the love of it. I respected you for it. I beg you, don't let it end this way, this would not be a good end.

Respectfully,
Coynz
No particular rank of note.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:19 am

Date: 10/17/1997 9:27 PM Central Standard Time

I know of Shanni's decision....it's not to leave DoF, not at all. She's merely not going to deal with the posts on here anymore. She doesn't read them, so wouldn't post a reply, so I thought that I'd write this. She's just sick of all the bickering. She's not the only one.

Ryan
Fist Fighter, Emerald, Pupil of the Black Rose
-=Ryan Mercury=-
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:20 am

Date: 10/18/1997 6:20 PM Central Standard Time

Just to give a bit of history to the argument --The very first Diamond, Dark Axe (who, I'm glad to say, is still very much active in the DoF) was, for his own reasons, very absent from the Outback during his reign.

The second Diamond, Shanni, made it therefore her policy to duel almost every night the Outback was open to duel. Her feeling was (and still is,apparently) that it was the responsibility of the Diamond to duel as much as possible, as the top representative of the sport.

The third Diamond, Jake Thrash, was a caller for the DoF and so was there at least one of the two days the Outback was open, but as a caller, and on the other day he did make an effort (not nearly as much as Shanni did, though) to duel or at least be present.

The fourth Diamond, namely, myself, unfortunately encountered a problem soon after the DQ. The Outback at this time was open Friday and Saturday nights, 11-3, and I was one of the callers (I think Sat nights), so I couldn't duel then. I got a job where I had to work Friday nights, so I couldn't duel then either. Hence the problem. (Ironically, I solved those problems only to have other problems arise soon after I won the DQ again, so the situation continued).

Shanni came forward with her assertions, at that time, about the responsibilities of the Diamond to be there and duel. Believe me, I wanted to duel, but I couldn't because of other reasons than lack of desire. The debate raged and resulted in Shanni leaving the DoF for a time, then coming back and kicking the hell out of everyone until she got her 100 WoL.

Anyway, the point of all this is that the issue is not a new one, certainly not for the DoF and definitely not for Shanni. She wants the Diamond to be selected from the Emeralds who duel most often and also to be someone who duels regularly after (s)he wins the DQ. This is her opinion, and not the official policy of the Outback.

I don't share this opinion, but I can see its merit. However, the DQ is as good a place as any to air the debate, and anything outside of that, again in my own opinion, is griping after the fact. Note, by the way, that while I don't share Shanni's opinion, I have been influenced by it enough that I choose not to enter into the DQ, not this cycle, not ever, unless I change my ways and decide to return to the DoF to duel often (which isn't likely to happen). It's not so much that I am afraid of losing as 1) I don't have the desire to win that I once did, and I'd probably lose, and 2) I don't want to have to deal with the pressure and the acrimony from players like Shanni should I actually win.

And that's the way it was.

- Percival