Comming back...

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Comming back...

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:49 pm

Date: 09 Nov 1999 21:23:46 EST

Tap Tap Tap

The hammer rose and fell. Again and again,striking the metal. The stocky dwarf was sweating, but he reveled in the heat.

Tap Tap Tap

Behind him stood an older dwarf. A wizened look in his eyes, watching the young one hammer out what should be a new war hammer. Hours passed, the young dwarf neither turned, nor did he stop. His arm was moving in a steady beat, singing softly the song he was taught as a baby. Soon enough the head began to take shape. The older dwarf smiled but quickly hid it.

Enough boy. I'm gettin tired of hearin that blasted hammer. Go wash and meet me for dinner.

With that he left. Taking a side passage that would take him to his room quickly. He stopped just as he walked into the room and ran his fingers across his armor. A soft sigh.

If only we could relive the past...

He is startled by the sound of footsteps and walks to his chair, dropping down and sitting he waited for the dwarf to come in.

Are you really going back Father?
The dwarf answered as he entered the room.

Aye, I am.

But why Father? You said yourself, it's all changed. You don't even have friends there.

Gim sighed and closed his eyes.

I do have friends there son, at least I think I do. No matter I'm going back. I love dueling. I love the sport, I even enjoy the political games. Now, the important qustion here isn't if I have friends there, the question is, can you run this kingdom with me gone.

There is a long pause, the younger dwarf looking his father in the eyes.

Yes Father, Yes I can.

Gim smilied and with that he rang the bell at the small table calling for his other two sons, as well as dinner. The time had come to go back and have some fun.