Challenge for the Second Ring -- Results

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Challenge for the Second Ring -- Results

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:58 pm

Date: 29 Nov 1999 00:19:01 EST

Tonight (Nov 28) I was called to witness a challenge match. Cletus Ganderfald challenged Gaius Marius Colestae for the right to hold the Second Ring of the Duel of Swords, and it was met in the Arena.

Cletus dueled under the flag of Polaris, his color black. Magnus Eques stood as his Second, and his Lady of Honor was his wife, Arane Ganderfald.

Marius dueled under the Roman banner, his colors red and gold. Cassius Gaius Maximius stood as his Second, and his Lady of Honor was his absent wife, Lisana Colestae.

It was an exciting match, one that lasted thirteen rounds. It all began when I thought Marius and Cletus were going to collide, but no, Cletus parried and took the point! (R1-FCP/LC, 1-0 Cletus) Then I thought Cletus was going to attack low and try to trip Marius, but it turned out he was ducking. (R2-FDU/FSS, 1-0 Cletus) The third round, Cletus scored again, by getting around Marius' guard! (R3-FSH/HC, 2-0 Cletus) Then there weren't any more
points as both Cletus and Marius sidestepped. (R4-FSS/FSS, 2-0 Cletus)

Things got real exiting in round 5, where Cletus tried attacking again, but Marius wouldn't allow the thrust to hit him, and got on the board. (R5-TH/SH, 2-1 Cletus) Just when I thought it was going to be all tied up, Cletus scored again, to get that two point lead back. (R6-FCP/TH, 3-1 Cletus) Round 7 was just as exciting as the two men traded cuts, and the duel became that much closer to being over. (R7-HC/LC, 4-2 Cletus) The next round wasn't
so exciting, though, Marius moving away as Cletus ducked again. (R8-DU/FSS, 4-2 Cletus)

Keeping on defense, Cletus became a half point away from the win after round 9. (R9-LP/TH, 4.5-2 Cletus) The next round was a surprise, too, as Marius scored a full point, and brought the score a little closer. (R10-HC/FDU, 4.5-3 Cletus) Two more rounds of a lot of moving, but no attacking happened after that. Interesting to watch, but it didn't change the score. (R11-SS/SS, R12-CP/SH, 4.5-3 Cletus) Then, finally, it happened. Marius tried to
attack, and it proved to be his last as Cletus got out of the way. (R13-TH/SS, 5-3 Cletus)

After thirteen long rounds, Cletus became the newest Baron by winning Five to Three. While Cletus didn't get the ring yet (apparently he left it at home) I did get the new Baron's alignment to the Overlord, which is Neutral.

Well done, both of you.

Alexandria Wells
Alexandria Wells
DoF/DoS Official
((AOL Community Leader Volunteer))