Taylara...

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Taylara...

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:21 pm

Date: 05 Jan 2000 23:49:42 EST

::leaves the arena, cradling Kammissa in his arms, his thoughts of the broken marriage, his absentee fatherhood...pain flooding over his newfound soul each time he dares to look at the sleeping Kammissa::

::After a few steps, a sound, though faint, can be heard, stopping slightly after my last footstep. I turn, making my way north, each step deliberate, to ensure I'm not being followed. I whisper a few ancient words to the forest, to cover my trail, as I turn once more to the east. A scream echoes forth from behind me, I know that I have not yet escaped their wrath.::

::Issues forth a call to the wild, one specifically aimed to Belan, Kammi stirs within my grasp as I move toward Tay's cottage once more. Nearing the steps, a pair of glowing amber eyes is my only greeting. A low growl utters forth from my lips, enough for Belan to understand. I enter the cottage, after some stumbling, find Kammi's room, then lay her down on the bed. I turned to Belan, my words a mix of growls and snorts, asking him to protect
Kammi and Tay as always. Turning quickly, I slip out the door, moving west, to draw my pursuers away, leaving only a quickly scrawled note behind on the doorstep::

::The note reads::
My dearest family, Tay an Kammi, much to my regret, I have always kept secret my past life from you both. As you both probably know, I am of the Clan Assamite by blood as well as by deed. My accent, actions, and temperament has been false, though my love for you both has always been true.
Each of you have the right to know the truth, I am and always have been an assassin by nature and calling. My knowledge as well as deeds of the past, have come to haunt me. For I know the secrets of the Lasombra Clan, leading members of the Sabbat. For some time I have eluded the Blood Hunt called against me long ago. I thought, and wrongly so, that I could escape their wrath. Please keep this next part from Kammi. I should have known that
they could reach even the innocent dreams of Kammi. The man she dreamt of last we spoke, was no dream.
He is one of the Archbishops, always traveling with five Templars, be wary of them, and deny that you know me for even if it is my last act, I want to protect you both. I faked my death, and though it kept them off my trail for awhile, it seems even that was not enough. I'd rather die than let either of you suffer any harm. I will endeavor to be at your sides, though infrequent it may be.

I love you both, forever, and always
Father and (possibly ex) Husband
Xyclone Demeri