Mysterious Appearance in Rhydin

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Mysterious Appearance in Rhydin

Post by DoF Archive » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:57 pm

Date: 6/13/1998 3:23 AM Central Daylight Time

((Author's note: Please excuse all the misspelled words and incorrect grammar, it happens))Shaun walked out of his house carrying a backpack full of clothes and other needed items for a short stay at one of his friend's houses. He walked slowly, listening to a Bush CD, toward the direction of the friend, Adam's, house. Walking down the street, singing along with the band, he wasn't paying much attention to his surroundings. At the end of one song he looked to his surroundings and it seemed to look different than it usually did atthat time of day. It seemed....darker. He kept walking, though, not minding that it was darker. 'Maybe it's just thunderstorms comin' he thought. He walked a little faster. The path he had so regularly taken now seemed to be getting weirder and weirder each step he took. He turned off his portable CD player, putting it into his backpack with the rest of his clothes and CDs and started into a jog. As he started seeing some familiar things aboutthe area they seemed to disappear as soon as he spotted them. 'What the heck is goin on?' he wondered 'did I take a wrong turn?' Convinced he didn't, he pressed on. Soon he came to a huge glowing ora with a yellowish hue. His eyes widened as he saw it. He walked slowly toward it to inspect. A welcoming warmth came from the ora as he stepped nearer. Confused, surprised, and frightened all in one, he kept walking toward it, maybe being drawn bysome strange force. The closer he got to the center of the ora the warmer it got. No matter, he kept walking, inspecting further. As soon as he hit the center of the ora there was a great flash of light that could have been mistaken for a lightening bolt hitting the ground if seen from a distance. Shaun awoke a few hours later. He sat up groggily, looking around. "Where am I?" he said aloud. No one was around to hear his question. He stood, looking around the unfamiliar place. Seeing his backpack a good 10 feet away from him he walked over, looking inside to make sure that all his stuff was there. Nodding in confirmation to this, he looked back up. Very confused as to where he was he started walking in one direction, hoping it wouldlead to some answers. Walking along a road he looked off to the side and saw some children playing. He smiled as he walked by....the smile disappeared from his face as quick as it had come. Those children had wings! Eyes widening more than he thought possible he almost fell to the ground in shock. Catching himself, he noticed that his jaw had dropped also. He closed his mouth and nodded to the children, now looking in his direction. "G'daysuh" they called out to the aghast young man. He nodded again and walked on. "You ain't in Alabama anymore, Shaun" he whispered to himself. He kept walking, wondering where he was. He came to what seemed a town. Exhausted from what, he didn't know, but he knew that he needed some sleep, and soon! He found a deserted cottage just inside the town and decided to sleep there. 'Tomorrow' he thought. 'When I wake up, I'll be at home.......or willI?' he wondered as he drifted off to sleep. He would wake up to find himself in a deserted cottage on the outskirts of Rhydin. Would he ever be able to sort this out? Only time would tell.((Also, please excuse anything that might offend anyone or anything along these lines. I wrote this going by my incognizant understanding of Rhydin. Thank you.))