Saving Jack(Vangal)

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Saving Jack(Vangal)

Post by DoF Archive » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:38 pm

Date: 7/29/1998 3:34 PM Central Daylight Time

Vangal looked around and spotted a strange forest he'd never seen before. He decided to explore it. Vangal took a step into the forest and looked around. He saw many strange plants. He kept walking, and looking. He spotted a strange spectre sitting under a tree in the shade. Vangal slowly approached the spectre. The spectre stood up and stated,"My name is Sol, and I have a mission that
needs to be completed before I make my voyage to the afterlife.....".
Vangal blinked, very surpised, and said,"Does that have anything to do with me? Why are you telling me this?"
Sol replied,"It was your destiny to come here....you..must complete the mission...so...I can rest peacefully...".
Vangal asked,"But, what is the mission?"
Sol said,"I...died from a horrible disease that wiped out all of my family too..except for one person, my brother...but he is very weak. I need you to seek out the ingredients make a medicine that cures this disease...please, save my brother, Jack, from this horrible illness".
Vangal blinked again and replied,"I never even told you my name..I'm Vangal, a true dragonman. This mission comes very unexpected. . But, I have nothing else to do, so I guess I'll take on your mission, Sol. I will try my hardest to save Jack."
"Thank you...may you be blessed.....". Sol handed Vangal a paper with the ingredients written on it and then slumped down in a deep sleep.
The paper read:
Ashes from a dead human
Blood from a vampire
A drop of mercury
5 leaves from the tree I am sitting under
At the bottom it read, The ingredients are quite simple to collect, but with my weak body, I cannot collect them..please try to collect the ingredients as soon as you can before my brother passes away. My brother lives in a house about a mile north from this forest.
-Sol

Vangal took off his backpack and pulled off 5 large leaves from the tree. He placed them in his backpack and headed home.

To be Continued