Challenge....and change

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Challenge....and change

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:09 am

Date: 11/8/1997 11:51 PM Central Standard Time

The newly-clad adept walked to his table, pen and paper in hand. He wrote the message quickly concentrating on his words, tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth. He finished and looked at the paper....was it good enough? Shrugging, he took the post and stuck it on the board. Hands crossed, he looked at it again:

"Imp, and all of the honorable duelers of the Outback:

I'm not sure exactly when we stopped being friendly towards each other, which is why I'm writing this post in this way. I've decided on my own to change myself in and out of the rings for the better. I know...I've said this before, and it's amounted to pretty much nothing. I can't convince anyone that I'm changing through words anymore, so I've decided to do it through action. Next Wednesday, I will be challenging Imp for his Opal. Not because
of bad blood, but because I want to be the best dueler that I can possibly be. Hopefully I can convince Imp, and everyone else, of my sincerity. All I'm asking for is a fresh start....maybe I've backed myself into a corner, but I sincerely hope not. Best wishes to everyone, and the best of luck to the Champion of Moonberyl.

Ryan Mercury
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Challenge....and change

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:10 am

Date: 11/9/1997 3:36 PM Central Standard Time

::smiles, and nods to the challenge::Okay...you've been given a fresh start:). As for the challenge, I accept, meet me in The Outback on Wednesday night.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:11 am

Date: 11/11/1997 1:20 PM Central Standard Time

Sitting in his chair in the back room, Robert rocked slightly back and forth on two legs of the chair. His brown eyes narrowed as he gazed upon a freshly inked note. Throwing it lightly to the desk he watched it flutter to the table gently joining the small stack of other papers that rested there. Despite its descent, the face of the letter still managed to peer up to the sky its words still plainly
visible.

Turning his body slightly he managed to rest his feet upon the desk and peer over to the standings list he kept tacked in the corner. Gazing over the list of names he found the two people's names mentioned in the discarded missive. His eyes centered on them and he reflected upon each in turn. His mind churned as he considered each person's skill and their dueling presence in and out of the rings.

He shook out of his thoughts, turned back to pull a piece of paper and grabbed a pen. He frowned as the object fumbled in his rough hand and dropped to the floor. Heaving a grunt, he searched around and finally found the offending object. He levelled a tapestry of obscenity at it as if it could hear him and feel shame. Scooting up in his chair, he eased the pen over the paper trying to get used to writing this style of note and prayed that his
spelling would not fail him.

"Duelers and Patrons of the Duel of Fists,

In a note to me Ryan Mercury has announced his intent to challenge the holder of MoonBeryl, DoF Demon3, the Imp. I have informed Imp personally of the challenge and he has agreed to face Mercury and defend his Opal for the second time. The match will be held Wednesday, November 9th during regular dueling hours. RDI Rand will graciously provide the call. I invite all the patrons of the Duel of Fists to turn out and cheer on champion and
challenger.

Best of Luck to both of you Imp and Ryan. Duel well and give us a show.

RDI Tex"

Slipping from his small office, he moved back out toward the posting boards not bothering to turn the lights on. Despite the consuming darkness of the room he had spent so much time in this place he could find his way in the darkness. His confident step took him but a few feet away from the board when he knocked into a solid object and spilled end over end hitting the floor with a loud gasp of air.

Wincing in pain, he managed to roll over and crawl to his knees. Reaching a hand out and patting down like a blind man. His hand found purchase on an object and he gently began to run his hand over the surface. "A friggin' chair," he grumbled in unhappy tones. He knew the chair had not been there when he had left the room. Someone had placed it there knowing he would come out and take a ride.

Finally making it to his feet he posted the note quickly, trying to make sure that it managed to get attached to Mercury's note. Having hastily posted his note he made his way out looking for the person he knew had caused him to trip.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:12 am

Date: 11/11/1997 8:14 PM Central Standard Time

>> Wincing in pain, he managed to roll over and crawl to his knees. Reaching a hand out and patting down like a blind man. His hand found purchase on an object and he gently began to run his hand over the surface. "A friggin' chair," he grumbled in unhappy tones. He knew the chair had not been there when he had left the room. Someone had placed it there knowing he would come out and take a ride. <<

Lurking in the shadows, Ringo barely contained the laughter at Tex's fall.

He watched Tex tack his note to the board and then watched him walk back into his office. "Tex's" office...... Technically it was still Ringo's for another week and a half. But Tex had wasted no time moving in.

"Oh, well...... C'est la vie."

Ringo walked quietly from the Outback, content to let Tex worry about the mess that he no longer wanted to deal with.