Emerald Ranking Stuff

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Emerald Ranking Stuff

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:30 am

Date: 12/1/1997 10:18 PM Central Standard Time

Ok Folks...

Here's a basic run down of how the system works. Remember the rules discussion is just around the corner.

The winning percentage is indeed based on the number of wins, compared to the total number of duels fought by that dueler. This is a difference from the DoS Warlord System. You see, here in the Outback, we don't like ties. So, if you can't win the match, your percentage is going to drop.

Everything else is basic averaging. If anybody needs help understanding how it works, just send email to me (RDI Rask), and I will be happy to help you out.

Again, if you have thoughts on how these rules should be changed, keep your eyes open for the rules discussion coming soon.

RDI Rask
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Emerald Ranking Stuff

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:31 am

Date: 12/1/1997 10:28 PM Central Standard Time

Definitely something that needs to be discussed next roundtable....

"An optimist is just someone without much life experience."Pupil of the Black RoseChampion of MoonberylOfficial Janitor of the DoFRyan Mercury
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Emerald Ranking Stuff

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:32 am

Date: 12/2/1997 3:02 PM Central Standard Time

Oh...it is just as I thought. You are making a tie equivalent to a loss, basically. Then why only do it for Emerald Rankings? Why not do it for all rankings if DoF does not like ties?

If equating losses and ties helps you determine the better Emerald, and that is the way you want your sport, then so be it.

One good thing I can say about the rankings, however, is that giving those bonus points is a rather nice idea.

I hope to be their for rules discussions, though I make no promises.

-Steve Glowacki