So foul, and wrongful wounds must heal
In the light of truth and right
And naught but good must be nurtured there
And evil forced to flight

So I learned the value
of things - of both large and small
To value most things that bring good
and treasure them equally, as one and all"

"So ends the tale, in small measure, I began not so long ago, and now I take my words withall, and make a quick withdraw." The words were barely spoken, indeed they seemed to hang upon the air and linger as the rest of the chanted story had, when she disappeared from the stage and out of sight of the patrons.

The patrons applause ended in spurts and sputters as bewildered men and women wondered where the young bard disappeared to before even a copper could be thrown. The tale was a new one, and had spellbound the audience with its epic magnitude. Its meaning would not be gleaned by many, and those that would understand would not for some days to come after nights spent in contemplation.

Yuri loved to spin a tale or two, despite the fact that her mentor believed such frivolities held no place in life. She would, on occasion, take the stage at some small tavern to delight in the reactions she could pull from audiences. Yuri loved the dramatic, and her own philosophies hampered her better judgment at times. She felt safe in the assumption that those that realized the tale was a political commentary would not find it in their best
interest to hunt down a lowly bard for spinning it.

Still, the triumphant of a well told tale made her cheeks flush with pleasure, and her heart felt light as she walked down the streets of the town. There were people out and about, even at this late hour, denying the light rainfall of any power of keeping people cuddled indoors to keep dry and warm.

Yuri personally enjoyed walking in the rain. It felt nice to allow the chilled water to slide down her face, and drip from the tip of her nose. She could almost hear her mother screaming at her that she was surely going to "catch the death of her".

A smile graced her lips as she thought back to her childhood ... not so long ago, she muttered to herself. The few gray hairs that were mingled in with her dark hair had been there for years, she had gotten her first few when she was barely eighteen so it wasn't that particular feature that was making her feel older than her years tonight.

She sighed to the night, and straightened her shoulders, taking a right at the next intersection. Her feet had been set on this destiny since her birth, she supposed -- or she trusted in her fate enough to believe. It didn't make it pleasant, but at least she knew where each path would lead ... someday it would take her home ... or so she hoped.

((This is a storyline, not a post upon the board ;-) ))