Results of the Challenge for the Third

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Results of the Challenge for the Third

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:02 am

Date: 09 Nov 2001 13:05:29 EST

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Duel of Swords
On the evening of November 7th, I was given the honor to witness the challenge issued by Warlord Cletus Ganderfald unto Baron Unagi Miyamoto for the right to wear the Third Baronial Ring.

The baron dueled for the House Miyamoto, under a banner of white cherry blossom in a sky blue field. Overlord Seamus MacDonnaugh was his second, and Onyx Solare was his lady of honor. He used his tanto, shirasaya, and shurikens for the duel.

The warlord used his sword, Hralfgar. He dueled under the Polaris colors, a red star in a black field, and for the honor of Arane Ganderfald. He had no second.

And a second is the one thing Cletus needed for the duel, for he disappeared after the thirteenth round. Baron Cassius Maximus offered to duel in his stead, but I had decided the more appropriate course of action, despite Cassius' good intentions, was to rule it a forfeit. Baron Unagi keeps the title by default.

Upon reading Arane reporting Cletus is ill, I would like to add I hope he feels better soon. He fought well against a formidable duelist, and it's only a shame he could not complete the match.

Sworn by,
Var Medici-Giovanni
Duel of Swords Official

(( ))
Breakdown of the duel:

Unagi              Cletus
hc         0-0        hc
fss        0-0        fss
lc          0-1        th
fdu        1-1        flp
fss        1-2        hc
hc         1-3        th