Notice

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Notice

Post by DoS Archive » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:02 pm

Date: 09 Jan 2002 15:49:51 EST

Patrons of the dueling arena,

I did not come here all too long ago, though in my short tenure here I have had the honor of facing many of you in the rings.  I am sad to say that I have not come around all too much as of late, though I take pride in participating in this sport.  It wasn't so much the dueling aspect of the arena that grabbed me, but it was all of the friends I had made, all given unto me by that one chanced step I took on the first day I came here.  There are
so many that I have had the honor of calling a "friend," though still many remained that I had not yet a chance to meet.  I'm afraid that things will remain that way as well, and I shall never meet the half of you, for I am leaving the arena and retiring from the sport.  It may come as a surprise to some of you, others may have expected it, others may simply not care.  Still, the arena had been a blessing to me and gave me a sense of purpose when I
first came here, and I shall never forget it, nor any of you that have befriended me over my short time amongst you.  Perhaps some day fate will drive me back here to once again compete with you, though I fear to say it will never be.  
      I wish each of you luck, honor, and skill in your dueling and all future endeavors, and hope that your lives will be filled with more joy and happiness than my own.

Sadly submitted,
Leonardo Tassadar de Lorenzo