Bringing it together.

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Bringing it together.

Post by DoS Archive » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:47 pm

Date: 03 Mar 2002 20:28:17 EST

With a little, smug smile, she strolled down the main hallway of the Manor, casting idle glances about. She had some time, she knew, before the meeting. Allowing a momentary scowl, she looked back, toward the common area. Tonight was intended to be the beginning, she knew, and she wouldn't be there.

It had taken some time between the first letter and now. There was no choice, really. Plans had to be made and carried out, people had to be met with and paid off. The House was soon to open for business, and the final stages of contacts were heading into place.

As she again began to stroll down the hall, she pondered the evening ahead. The woman she had heard about had received the letter; now it was a matter of time to see how or even if she would be cooperative. Anubis knew who she was, so did Ramsus. Between the two, they should know what to say tonight. She could trust them not to screw it up too badly. Well, she hoped she could.

"I don't know why I would trust a man to do a real job." With a soft snort at her own musings, she pushed open the door to her chambers, where several young men and women immediately knelt on the floor, heads bowed.

"Come, pets," she said warmly. "I go to dance this evening." A few, the trusted ones, leapt to their feet. One closed the door, and the dragon-witch began preparing for what would likely be a most profitable evening.