Renegade's Proposal

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Renegade's Proposal

Post by DoS Archive » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:20 pm

Date: 10 Apr 2002 07:47:39 EDT

This is a notice to inform the public about a proposal I sent to Dalamar Ar'Daumon, Cassius Maximus, Secondat, Lorance Sneggle, and Cletus Ganderfald. A copy is attached below.
Var Medici-Giovanni
Proud Father, Proud Husband

~~~~~~~~~~~~
To those involved in the two pending Baronial Challenges,
Normally I would not get involved anymore than I already have, and I apologize ahead of time if it seems I am overstepping my bounds, but I am offering a suggestion that I hope we all can agree to.
Both challenges are scheduled for Thursday at 9:00. Thursday is also a night of dueling, so unless someone plans to duel during regular hours, chances are one challenge will have to be handled before the other in the Annex. It wouldn't be considerate, in my opinion, to have two challenges going at once.
That's not the main point of my letter, though. That's something for you guys to work out. My job is just acting as the champion for both, and that is what I would like to discuss. I am going to post this proposal, simply because I see no reason for the community not to know.
Because the challenges are on the same night, it is my suggestion that one duel between Dalamar and myself determines whether or not both duels go on. If Dal wins, he intercedes in both duels. If I win, Dal intercedes for neither. This is for a few reasons:
- Because both are on the same night, we're leaving a door open for a lot of these duels, and only one can go at a time.
- I do not want the intercessions to be more of a spectacle than the challenges themselves.
- So Dalamar doesn't have to duel so much. In light of what happened with the duel against Eros a ways back, I do not think it would be wise for him to exert himself. With this proposal, he will be dueling either once or thrice. Without it, he could be dueling between two and four times.

Of course, this would only be conducted with everyone's approval, as you are all affected by it. I was planning to wait until the time of challenge to propose this, but then we'd be spending more time discussing it.
Thank you ahead of time for your consideration. I hope you understand I have only the best intentions when I make this proposal. Giving one duel the value of two for the sake of saving time. That's all it is.

Var Medici-Giovanni
~~~~~~~~~~~~