Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Slaver man

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:01 pm

Date: 21 Jul 2002 20:44:55 EDT

Anubis Karo,

Be you sheep, sheepdog, or shepherd?

Last night I came looking for you and found you not. I was of the impression you wished to discuss matters of import around our respective health's.

In any case, you were not there when I arrived. Perhaps a sense of caution at work? You who maintain your status only by brute force must always wonder if someone is coming up behind you. Alas poor man, I am in front of you.

Imagine the consequences of losing Anubis. There may well be another, younger version of yourself waiting for you to err. In your business I do believe that life expectancy is not lengthy.

I found a piece of doggerel floating in the ether and have paraphrased it for our joint amusement

Last night upon the stairs
I waited and you were not there.
Next week I will await again
Will you Anubis be missing then?

((for those who worry about such things here is the original quote))

((Yehudi. The Little Man Upon The Stair. ("Last night upon the stair/I saw a little man who wasn't there./He wasn't there again today/I wish that man would go away.")))

St Severe
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:02 pm

Date: 21 Jul 2002 21:07:42 EDT

Translation time!

>Anubis Karo,

Translation: Camel Jockey.

>Be you sheep, sheepdog, or shepherd?

Translation: I need a date, I hope you're a sheep.

>Last night I came looking for you and found you not. I was of the impression
>you wished to discuss matters of import around our respective health's.

I had approximately 17 seconds to kill, so I expected you in there at that immediate time, since I didn't see you, I can call you a coward and say you stood me up. I know, I know, I should actually try staying maybe a full five or six minutes, but hey, that'd make sense.

As to the health thingie, I forgot I have kidney stones.

>In any case, you were not there when I arrived. Perhaps a sense of caution
>at work? You who maintain your status only by brute force must always wonder
>if someone is coming up behind you. Alas poor man, I am in front of you.

You weren't there cause I didn't stay long enough. Caution at work, meaning, I got out before I got embarrassed again. I am in front of you, unless you're looking, in which case, I'm over there in the shadows behind the pillar blocked by a bookcase in the basement a few miles away in the temple hidden by the garden maze. But, I'm right on you boy! Watch out!

>Imagine the consequences of losing Anubis.

Translation: It sucks, I lose all the time and I hate it.

Translation, personal: Losing Anubis would be good. He's not very good at being anything other than an annoyance.

>There may well be another, younger version of yourself waiting for you to
>err. In your business I do believe that life expectancy is not lengthy.

Translation: We're all getting old, but I still am not good enough to compete with the arab boy. So, I'll say someone else is coming. Least I'm safe that way. I'm getting old too.

>I found a piece of doggerel floating in the ether and have paraphrased it for
>our joint amusement

I found a thesaurus.

>Last night upon the stairs
>I waited and you were not there.
>Next week I will await again
>Will you Anubis be missing then?

Someone wrote this for me, I'm not educated enough to do it myself. But hey, it rhymed so I'm cool right? RIGHT???

Okay I'm done
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 21 Jul 2002 21:37:37 EDT

G'nort, you couldn't translate English to English.

"Anubis Karo"
I am beginning this to make it sound like an official declaration. I couldn't afford to have it notarized.

"Be you sheep, sheepdog, or shepherd?"
Who's holding the whips in your master-slave relationships? I'm guessing your slaves.

"Last night I came looking for you and found you not. I was of the impression you wished to discuss matters of import around our respective health's."
You didn't show up when I was there. There was this unsaid agreement between us that you were supposed to be present when I found the time to show up. Apparently you don't want to find out more information about this health care package.

"In any case, you were not there when I arrived. Perhaps a sense of caution at work? You who maintain your status only by brute force must always wonder if someone is coming up behind you. Alas poor man, I am in front of you."
Bawk bawk. You are as much a fool as a chicken... for you failed to realize that distorted figure wandering around in front of you, in a futile attempt to look like it knew what it was doing, was me.

"Imagine the consequences of losing Anubis."
The consequences is the loser will be compared to be as bad a dueler as Methous, because the winner will be too unoriginal to make up any other kind of clever dis.

Oh yeah, and I hate losing.

"There may well be another, younger version of yourself waiting for you to err. In your business I do believe that life expectancy is not lengthy."
You really have to check out this health care package I have to offer. Your career choice is a liability. The only more dangerous career is test-tasting Rhydin's water. That, or trying to be Janella's boyfriend, but that doesn't really count because the only money you gain from doing that is from those bar buddies who pay you $50 to hit on her.

"I found a piece of doggerel floating in the ether and have paraphrased it for our joint amusement"
I found this written on the bathroom wall. I had to cut it short due to lack of toilet paper to take notes.

"Last night upon the stairs
I waited and you were not there.
Next week I will await again
Will you Anubis be missing then?"
You sound like you aren't very good with dinner dates. I'll order us a pizza next week. Be there or be hungry.

Enough translating from me. I win.

Var Medici-Giovanni

Proud Father, Proud Husband
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 22 Jul 2002 00:21:56 EDT

Severe bud, do you visit the same marker store as that Sneggle guy?

Bode
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 22 Jul 2002 00:36:12 EDT

::whistles the tune from the Twilight Zone::