9th Ring Challenge Results (Cas vs. Magnus)

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

9th Ring Challenge Results (Cas vs. Magnus)

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:22 pm

Date: 29 Oct 2002 22:31:49 EST

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Duel of Swords
This evening, October 29th, I was given the honor to witness the challenge issued by Warlord Cassius Gaius Maximus unto Baron Magnus Eques for the right to wear the Ninth ring of the Duel of Swords.

The Baron Magnus dueled with no second but under the banner of Polaris; a black flag with a red star in the center. He dueled for the honor of his deceased mother, wielding Drachen's Hatchet and Dual Blade.
The Warlord Cassius dueled with his Mercenarii teammate Aeron Champlain as his second, but with no lady of honor. He dueled under a white banner with a two-headed eagle clutching twin bundles of arrows in its talons, with a half-circle of wreath around it, and the Latin letters S P Q R inscribed in gold at the bottom. He dueled with his gladius, Imperator.

The match was fought in single shot format, with defense prevailing for the most part. For the first four rounds Magnus and Cassius exchanged scoring points, with Magnus scoring in the first and third rounds and Cassius scoring in the second and fourth. The next two rounds were controlled by Magnus, who had the 4-2 lead after six rounds. The three rounds thereafter, Cassius fought back to take the lead and win 5-4 in 9. Only two offensive attempts actually connected in what turned out to be a good duel to be defensive.
Upon winning, Cassius collapsed. I had inquired his alignment, but he was too injured to even speak, until he murmured a word beginning with "R." However, since I cannot make guesses as to what he was trying to say, I noted it as unaligned so that he may articulate it when his condition is in better health. G'nort tended to him to make sure he was okay.
Congratulations to both Cassius and Magnus for a well fought challenge!
Var Medici-Giovanni
(( ))
Round by round breakdown
Cas Magnus
th 0-1 fss
flp 1-1 hc
th 1-2 fss
fcp 2-2 lc
lp 2-3 fdu
sh 2-4 lc
fss 3-4 fcp
th 4-4 hc
fss 5-4 fcp
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:23 pm

Date: 29 Oct 2002 23:36:13 EST

> G'nort tended to him to make sure he was okay.

Actually, I was tending to him to pick his pocket. But damn, he wasn't carrying. Bummer.

G