Stupid

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:32 pm

Date: 15 Nov 2002 20:07:48 EST

Remy did have a tough call to make. Either he fixes the fault on his side and sends one message, or he fixes the fault on the duelist's side and sends another message. Frankly, by invalidating the challenge, he sent the message that was more important: be accountable.
One challenge in particular that comes to mind is when Elijah challenged Daelin, I believe. Elijah said he saw the standings posted, but according to the time the challenge was issued they were not. Does the standings keeper let Elijah keep the challenge when it was apparent Elijah misread the standings and had every reason to believe his challenge met the Universal Terms? Or does the Keeper void the challenge, reminding us who issue challenges to be careful?
Frankly, by not voiding the challenge, Remy would be negating past decisions. Furthermore, he'd be sending us, the duelers, a not-so-positive message and giving us the chance to keep ourselves accountable. I applaud him for making this decision, for I most likely could not have thought about it that way.

Var Medici-Giovanni

Proud Father, Proud Husband
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:32 pm

Date: 18 Nov 2002 21:56:28 EST

Duelists,

As has already been mentioned, the duel for the Seventh Baron's Ring has been cancelled.

Due to a fault that occured several weeks ago, the challenger's record remained incorrect in the standings for some time. Instead of showing the proper rank, the challenger remained at the Warlord level, even though he had fallen below the minimum required record.

This error was not caught until after the challenge was issued and verified. However, the challenge could not be allowed to proceed, since it would directly contrast the rules of the sport and previous decisions that have been made by my predecessors.

My apologies to the duelists involved in the challenge and to other concerned duelists for this error, and for allowing it to go unnoticed for such a lengthy amount of time.

Regards,

Remy Sigurd.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:33 pm

Date: 19 Nov 2002 21:10:17 EST

Your still stupid
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Nov 2002 21:15:01 EST

Dom is more stupid for not keeping track of his own duels.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 22 Nov 2002 12:07:51 EST

>Your still stupid<

Stupid is as Stupid does and if the shoe fits you will probably have to eat it