Overlord Challenge (Cassius vs. Blindfold Proxy)

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Overlord Challenge (Cassius vs. Blindfold Proxy)

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:54 pm

Date: 26 Nov 2002 01:06:15 EST

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Duel of Swords
On the evening of November 25, I was given the honor to witness the challenge issued by Baron of the 9th Cassius Maximus unto Overlord Blindfold Proxy for the right to bear the title of Overlord.

The Overlord expressed a wish to test the Baron, handing me an envelope entitled "Surprise Tester." After I read it, the Overlord requested I read the surprise. The tester was Warlord Drey Starke.
Apparently expecting the test, Cassius announced his champion was not present, but allowed Renegade Baron G'nort Dragoon-Talanador to stand in his stead. So, the first duel of what became a very long evening was to be decided by Drey and G'nort.

From the first round, Drey took the lead and never looked back. He blocked G'nort's opening thrust for half a point, and the following three points the Warlord earned were by high swings. Though G was able to battle back for a good portion of the battle, Drey never had a lead of less than 1.5. In the end, Drey took the match 5.5-3 in 9 rounds. Cassius had to go in and face the test himself.

Cassius dueled for the honor of Anjolie Cynthia Quinn and had Elle McBride stand as his second. He dueled under the white banner of a two headed eagle clutching two bundles of arrows. A healf wreath of olive leaves surrounds the eagle, and the gold letters S P Q R rest beneath the wreath.

Once more, Drey took the lead in the first round. Once more, he never trailed. Though Cassius did tie it up by round 3 at a score of 1-1, Drey scored three straight points to take a 4-1 lead. Despite Cas battling back to trail 4-3, Drey soon finished what he started, keeping Cas to the same score as G, but taking a little longer. The final score went in favor of Drey, 5.5-3 in 12 rounds.

During the match, when Drey obtained the 4-1 lead, a fight broke out outside of the ring. Elle McBride, the challenger's second, was knocked down by Baron Drachen. After my warning that they stop, and realizing only one pair should be fighting at the time, they regained control of themselves. Unfortunately, I was paying too much attention to the ring to hear what the fight was about. Once things settled down, the test of worthiness continued without interruption.

By virtue in his success of administering the Test of Worthiness, Drey was allowed to press challenge to Baron of the 9th, Cassius Maximus. The results of that match to be posted elsewhere, so as not to mix in multiple challenges with one announcement.

Congratulations are in order for the Overlord for keeping his title, and Drey for his performance as the Overlord's champion. Congratulations are also in order for G'nort and Cassius for fighting well in this test.

Var Medici-Giovanni

((Round by Round Breakdown))
G'nort Drey
th 0-0.5 lp
fcp 0-1.5 hc
dis 0-1.5 fcp
fcp 0-2.5 hc
fss 1-2.5 th
lc 2-3.5 hc
sh 2-4.5 lc
hc 3-4.5 fcp
th 3-5.5 fss
Drey defeats G'nort, 5.5-3 in 9 rounds.

Cassius Drey
fss 0-1 lc
flp 0-1 flp
fcp 1-1 th
hc 1-2 fdu
th 1-3 fss
flp 1-4 lc
th 2-4 hc
fcp 3-4 lc
sh 3-4 flp
lp 3-4 sh
th 3-4.5 cp
sh 3-5.5 hc
Drey defeats Cassius, 5.5-3 in 12 rounds.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:54 pm

Date: 27 Nov 2002 04:17:24 EST

::typed upon The Blindfold custom rose-tinted stationary::

The Duel of Swords community,

On behalf of The Blindfold and your Overlord, we would like to thank Cassius Maximus, the Baron of the First Ring of the Duel of Swords, Warlord Starke and Var Medici-Giovanni for their parts in this grand event.

Sincerely,
The Blindfold Office of Events