Unagi/Kateri Line Play

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Unagi/Kateri Line Play

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:57 pm

Date: 04 Feb 2003 18:22:48 EST

All,

For those interested in these things here are the details of the three matches in which Unagi successfully defended his title. Some things of interest I noted

The total match lasted slightly over three hours.

The winning scores in all three matches was 5-4

The first match went 9 rounds, the second match went 10 rounds, and the third match went 11 rounds.

First Match - Ring of Law - Unagi wins by a score of 5-4

Unagi Kateri

1. TH LC
2. HC HC
3. TH FCP
4. FCP HC
5. FSS FLP
6. TH TH
7. LC SL
8. FDU LC
9. FSS TH

Second Match - Ring of Order - Kateri wins by a score of 5-4

Unagi Kateri

1. FSS TH
2. LC SH
3. HC FLP
4. LC FCP
5. TH SH
6. FCP LC
7. FSS FSS
8. FLP LC
9. LC FSS
10. HC TH

Match Three - Ring of Chaos Unagi wins by a score of 5-4

Unagi Kateri

1. FSS TH
2. HC SH
3. DIS DIS
4. LC FCP
5. FSS LC
6. FLP FCP
7. LC SH
8. FCP FSS
9. TH SH
10. FLP TH
11. HC FCP

As tired as I was when it was over I felt this was one of the finest matches I have had the pleasure of officiating. Both fighters gave it their all.

HOST Game Sevn
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:58 pm

Date: 05 Feb 2003 12:03:29 EST

::Two young aspiring duelists with dreams of rings and crowns are reviewing the rounds of the marathon challenge match. In their analysis, one of them discovers that the challenger won every single round following a cut by the baron. Upon sharing this discovery, the second young duelist suggests that perhaps this was the reason the baron gave his challenger the extraordinary honor of presenting her his own main sword as a gift at the conclusion of the match - the ancient rosewood-scabbarded shirasaya that was bequeathed to him by his master and mentor - Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin, commonly called Miyamoto Musashi, the sword saint. Wrapped in their discussion, the two duelists move off, unaware their discovery and speculation has been overheard by one of the more talkative serving lads... and will soon be broadcast through the dueling community.::