Japanese heavy metal on the block

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:11 pm

Date: 28 Aug 2003 18:25:21 EDT

>Because she was your friend, you consider her innocent.

I guess I failed to make this point in the first place. Kateri was not my friend. I knew her like I knew Unagi. We had dueled before. Wronging someone does take away your innocence. I could call you an ignorant oaf and you could consider yourself wronged, but I am guilty of no crime. You would have no basis for committing murder.

You seem to be missing the bare facts here. Unagi presented Kateri with a gift. A gift of free will. He provided no instructions, no special circumstances under which the gift was given. When the blade left his possession, he was no longer the owner of blade and he no longer had any legal sway over what happened to the blade. It was Kateri's to do what she pleased with. If Unagi was unhappy with her actions, it shows his lack of judgement of Kateri's character. Whatever "slight" he felt was committed against him was no justification for taking an innocent life. G'nort, I'm actually suprised at you and your comments. For one as legal savvy as you are, I am shocked that you keep missing these obvious facts of the case.

Hold Fast,
Grayson MacLeod.
Past Holder of IceDancer, Emerald of the Duel of Fists.
Warlord of the Duel of Swords.
Past Keeper of Water.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 29 Aug 2003 03:54:50 EDT

Ye know...

It were made plenty clear thet quite a few felt thet th' whole auction mess were a bad idea.

A few people, m'self included, tried tae get Kateri tae stop th' auction. A few o' us also said thet th' whole thing were insultin' tae Unagi-sama's Honor an' disrespectful in general.

Some people jest refuse tae stop, despite bein' told what they're doin' is wrong.

Lady Karen Wilder
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 29 Aug 2003 13:25:27 EDT

> Some people jest refuse tae stop, despite bein' told what they're doin'
>is wrong.

Auctioning off a piece of her own property is hardly wrong. When the blade left Unagi's hands, it became properti of Kateri. End of story. Unagi is a murderer. He is the only one who has commited any wrong. A slight on someone's honour? Being disrespectful in general? Hardly grounds to kill someone. It sickens me the way people around here are justifying this murder. It sickens me the way civilized people, Karen, a representative of the Catholic church for pete's sake!, condone this action.

Hold Fast,
Grayson MacLeod.
Past Holder of IceDancer, Emerald of the Duel of Fists.
Warlord of the Duel of Swords.
Past Keeper of Water.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 29 Aug 2003 14:22:31 EDT

Some people simply do not listen to what has been said.

What saddens me is the knowledge of honor and respect has gotten so low here, that no one seems to know what it means anymore except for very, very few.

I've stated my opinions of the matter, and never condoned anyones death. I've simply stated that I understand the reasons behind it. Again, no one seems to realize that, or the reasons, etc.

The world is not black and white, there is not simply right and wrong. Also, something you should note of great importance, Extreme measures of Right and Wrong will always differ depending on who you talk to.

G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:12 pm

Date: 29 Aug 2003 14:40:49 EDT

"The life taken wasn't innocent. She had wronged Unagi."

So, G, if one of the many people you've slighted over the years decided to exact revenge on you by taking your life, would you consider that a fair and proper exchange?

Del
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 29 Aug 2003 21:37:12 EDT

Jest like with th' Barkeep, ye 'ave no idea what I's been sayin'.

Did I say thet Unagi-sama did th' right thing? Nae.
Did I say thet I would 'ave done what Unagi-sama did? Nae.
Did I say thet, by th' standards o' his homeland, Unagi-sama was within 'is rights tae do what he did? Aye.
Did I say thet I approve o' what he did? Nae.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Karen Wilder
Knight-Captain of the Order of the Knights Templar
First Catholic Church of RhyDin.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 30 Aug 2003 01:23:16 EDT

>So, G, if one of the many people you've slighted over the years decided to
>exact revenge on you by taking your life, would you consider that a fair and
>proper exchange?

What I would consider is inconsequential. I would be dead.

G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 30 Aug 2003 05:30:14 EDT

Wow, it must be "Impress Your Personal Morals Upon Somebody Else Day."

Kateri sold a sword. Kateri pissed off Unagi by doing so. Unagi killed Kateri for being rude.

So what.

The other night I saw someone get stabbed in the street for complimenting a lady on her dress in a fashion much more pleasant than I had previously.

Who gives a rat's ass if it's right or wrong? Jeeze. What are you going to do, call the police?

Get it through your thick skulls. Talk is cheap. Saying "Bad boy, you shouldn't do that, it's wrong" is about as useful as trying to squeeze milk from a rock.

You think Unagi was justified in his actions, good for you. You think Kateri was a saint, fine and dandy.

But for pete's sake, do something about it instead of sitting around bitching at one another. I somehow doubt Unagi is trembling in his sandals at the threat of someone writing nasty notes about him. I doubt Kateri's family (if there is any) would be soothed by a scathing public deridement of the heinous act.

Better ideas than bickering: contact Kateri's next of kin, I'm sure they'd like to know she's dead. Arrange funeral services. Read will. Auction off her lingere. Hunt down Unagi's dog and sacrifice it ritualistically to the God of Dead Dogs. Open a black hole in Sprite's toilet bowl after he's eaten a big mexican dinner.

I swear to God though, you people all need better hobbies than pointless arguing.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:13 pm

Date: 01 Sep 2003 14:15:33 EDT

Cas,

<<
I will kill you if you try.

I'm not kidding either. >>

Yeah?

Capt Sneggle