Challenge for the Eighth.

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Challenge for the Eighth.

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:40 pm

Date: 06 Aug 2003 23:00:21 EDT

Well sports fans, this was one'a them matches thaht had ev'ryone guessin' 'til tha final round. Max showed up wit his new colors an' Topaz Eludes fer his second, but wit'out PJ ta fight for, an' Aya jus' showed up. Tha first round went ta Aya, but Max made a decent show of hisself. Tha second round, though, Max dun laid tha smackdown on Aya. Thaht made fer a mighty squeaky third round, wit Aya takin' tha early commandin' lead, but then Max dun went fer gusto ta almost close it up. Here's tha play-by-play.

Vx Max Blue xV Aya Hayashibara
1. th 1-0 lc
2. sh 1-0 fdu
3. hc 2-1 lc
4. fss 2-1 fss
5. lc 2-2 fcp
6. th 2-3 sh
7. flp 3-3 hc
8. lc 3-4 th
9. fcp 3-4 fdis
10. fss 3-5 lc

1. sh 0-1 lc
2. flp 1-1 hc
3. fcp 2-1 th
4. hc 2-2 flp
5. lc 3-2 fss
6. flp 4-2 hc
7. fcp 5-2 lc

1. lc 1-1 hc
2. hc 1-2 fdk
3. sh 1-3 hc
4. fss 1-3 fss
5. lc 1-4 th
6. fcp 2-4 lc
7. sh 3-4 th
8. lc 4-5 hc

So, inna end, Aya keeps her ring. Nice goin', an' a damn nice try there, Max. Until next time, this is yer local cyber-elf mechanic, signin' off. . .

((And yes, it's logged. But parts may be missing cause Wavman sucks. Let me know if anyone wants 'em, alright?))
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 07 Aug 2003 04:59:14 EDT

Steps into the Arena after hours to see if the report of the defense has been posted in order to let all know the results, she makes her way to the ancient cork to see how it was phrased.

Upon reading the official report of the matches, Aya frowns, clenching her jaws in irritation.

She looks to find something to write with, and carefully chooses her response to the official notice.

"To all concerned,

I take this time to respond in your language so I may profess my gratitude to all involved in my second successful title defense. By no means do I consider myself to be a great duelist as yet, and certainly my skill had faltered a few moments in those battles, and while I am extremely grateful to the one who officiated the matches, I find the results posted to be rather one sided in favor of the challenger.

I do not mean to take away from the effort given by the male who I fought, however I do not feel that this notice properly informs the people of the effort I had given in the match. And I, myself, to not favor one sided reports such as this one given.

In finality, I wish to congratulate Blue-san for a valiant effort in his challenge to the title I hold, and express my appreciation towards Pslyder-kun for a well watched match. I would encourage him to show less favoritism when informing the public of the watched matches.

Arigatou,
H.A. "

After writing and signing the post, the Asian woman turns and steps free of the Arena, returning from whence she came.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 07 Aug 2003 10:45:39 EDT

::notes the add-on:: Well shoot. . .An' here Ah thought it wuz jus' a given she wuz good. Now Ah gotta find thaht damn lingua-chip. . .::wanders off::