Challenge for the 5th Result

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Challenge for the 5th Result

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:35 pm

Date: 09 Sep 2003 22:58:13 EDT

It was my Honor to be the officiator of the Challenge for the Fifth Match; in fact, I was so honored that I screwed it all up by calling it officially in the Arena, "The Challenge for the Eighth Ring", upon doing so I was quickly corrected and then things got down to business.

Deluthan did not duel under any Banners or Colors and he claimed no Second; he did, however, name Rory Laurent as his Lady of Honor. Unfortunately, she was unable to attend the Match for unknown reasons...well, to me anyway.

Shakira, as she plainly told me, was just there. She looked at me and acted as though it was laughable that I would even ask and stated, "I have no Second, or Honor for that matter." and thus, the duel begun...

The first five rounds were slow as Deluthan was the only one to score and that was by advantage only..Then in the Sixth round, Deluthan was finished playing around and struck first blood. After that, it was back and forth for the next few rounds, until it seemed as though Shakira found her feet and came away with the win by scoring 3 unanswered points.

Shakira was successful in her first defense of her ring and remains the Baroness of the Fifth.

For records sake, when asked, Shakira replied, "Why would I be loyal to that?"

((As follows:
Shakira - Deluthan
1 FCP - SS
2 LC - LC
3 SH - FDU
4 FCP - FLP
5 SH - SH
6 LC - TH
7 FCP - LC
8 FSS - SH
9 LC - FSS
10 TH - TH
11 FDU - HC
12 LC - FLP
Cat Shakira def Deluthan, 5-2.5 in 12 rounds

Apologies to all the Grammar Cops out there. :D ))