A day's work

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

A day's work

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:51 pm

Date: 16 Oct 2003 14:06:53 EDT

Vinny and Guido headed off to the countryside, trying to get a lead on Pj's whereabouts. Maybe it was the fact that he hadn't eaten in a while, or that he had taken one too many lumps in the outback, but his mind wasn't where it should be and was playing tricks on him. "OK Guido, first thing we should do is charge that orge over there with the four spinning arms, subdue him, and see if he knows anything".
Guido looked a bit puzzled. "Um, boss. That's a windmill, not an ogre".
"It is?!? For Pete's sake....Fine then, how about we tackle that behemoth with the multitude of sparkly eyes that's chiming every hour?"
Guido sighed and shook his head. "Vinny, how the heck can you mistake a church and it's bell tower for a behemoth? You're really letting this situation with Pj ruin your mind. Let's just get back to the isle and see how Raven's doing."
"Ok, ok! Last thing. See that lizard queen that just walked out of the tavern? She's gotta have something to do with Pj's disappearance. We take her down, and use the ancient shumi water torture technique to get her to talk."
Now Guido was looking a mite angry. "First thing Vince, that's no lizard queen. That's my mother!!. Second, if you even tried to do the water thingy to her, I'd beat the crap out of you myself. Third, you're coming back now, like it or not." With that, Guido grabbed Vince by the back of his shirt and started dragging him back.
"Wait a second! Pj's still out there! We can't head back just yet. I've got to rush in to mortal peril with no plan whatsoever, make a fool out of myself, and lose the girl to a better looking guy!"
"Vinny, you've already succeded in all three of those points. Now let's get some rest. There's always tomorrow to try again, when you're sane."