The Baron's Council has been called

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:30 am

Date: 13 Dec 2003 22:06:50 EST

Cassius,
I was stating that Nych's suggestion to kick Methous from the duels completely was out of the question, especially when what happened did indeed happen years ago. It would be stupid to revist the issue now and say that the penalty must be much harsher now than it was before. I say this not out of disrespect for the sport, but out of respect for people, who make mistakes and should always be given the chance to correct them.

And Colleen,
The word "banishment" was on my tongue after reading one of Elijah's message, in which he mentioned it for the first time. Though I may have been incorrect, I feel that if you took the time to try and understand me, you would have been able to find the proper meaning in my writing. Just in the context of the sentence "Methous was banished for a month after destroying the ring" you can see that I *knew* this banishment was not permanant. I thank you for finding me so important that you must argue with me, especially when my information is correct. I also apologize for the misuse of the word banishment. If I should ever be so stupid to misuse a word ever again I shall be forced to turn Unagi's blade upon myself and suffer the fate of Kateri. It won't happen again.

Sprite
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:30 am

Date: 14 Dec 2003 04:36:56 EST

"Cassius,
I was stating that Nych's suggestion to kick Methous from the duels
completely was out of the question, especially when what happened did indeed
happen years ago. It would be stupid to revist the issue now and say that
the penalty must be much harsher now than it was before. I say this not out
of disrespect for the sport, but out of respect for people, who make mistakes
and should always be given the chance to correct them. "

Problem is, Sprite, is that all available evidence is that Methous has not changed.

I consider the Eighth Ring to personally mean more to me than any other ring on the Council. The first time I won it, I fought through a Warlord's Tournament; the second time, through four different challenge matches in one night. I have bled and sweat for it as much as any holder of that ring.

So excuse me if I take offense to the idea that Methous should be forgiven "because it was a long time ago" While I somehow doubt you can even comprehend how long I've been alive, Sprite, let's just say that to me, four to five years is no time at all, and leave it at that. Frankly, a great many members of this community remember it briskly, and the fact that you don't does not speak of how ancient the event is; rather, it speaks of how relatively new you are. That, and the fact that the time that has passed does nothing to dilute the seriousness of his crime, particularly when the culprit shows no sign of remorse at all.

Do yourself a favor, and let the Council debate this. I will note that you know of the animosity between myself and Var, and you will also note that we are squarely on the same side of the coin here. That should speak volumes of how deeply this issue runs.

Arane,

Methous did not leave because of social ostracism; he did not care a thing for that. Do note that he left very shortly after he was unable to defeat Jesse.

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:31 am

Date: 14 Dec 2003 20:59:40 EST

I honestly do not recall a "banishment" for a month at all. If anything, I'd like to guess that the month suspension/banishment was until:

a) Goldendust came to a decision
b) The council ruled on a champion
c) The ring was repaired
d) Goldendust felt the temporary banishment was warranted.

Again, I don't recall any type of banishment, and apologize to Sprite if I presented any misinformation. However, I still feel Goldendust made a wise and fair choice, even when I feel a more harsh punishment was warranted.

Var Medici-Giovanni
Proud Father, Proud Husband
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:31 am

Date: 14 Dec 2003 22:05:47 EST

Despite me own differences wit' th' Roman, Cassius... I find one thing 'e wrote tae be very true.

"the fact that the time that has passed does nothing to dilute the seriousness of his crime, particularly when the culprit shows no sign of remorse at all."

Tae earn forgiveness, once needs must seek forgiveness.

Lady Karen Wilder
Knight-Captain of the Order of the Knights Templar
First Catholic Church of Rhy-Din