Results: Overlord Challenge and for the Fifth

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Results: Overlord Challenge and for the Fifth

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:38 pm

Date: 17 Dec 2003 23:38:25 EST

((I'll have more details up tomorrow evening. I'm really tired and have an early start in the morning. We're talking like at 4 am-ish. Ughh!))

I was honored to have called the Overlord Challenge this evening and in short, Shakira was able to defend her Title by defeating Cletus 5-3 in 8 rounds.

Immediately following that...Arithon gave challenge to Max for his Ring. It went nearly all the way with Max defeating Arithon 6-5 in 14 rounds.

Exciting details to follow.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:38 pm

Date: 18 Dec 2003 21:52:46 EST

((Cas did such a good job that I think I'm gonna just use his details as to what happened last night. Hope you don't mind, because I'm reallyreallyreally tired and don't feel like writing.))

The following is what Duel Roman has entered in the Standings. It says it all. He gets all the credit as I don't want to be called a plagiarizer.

From the fall of 2002 to the fall of 2003, five straight Warlord's Tournament prizewinners made good on the Overlord title shot, defeating the incumbent to win the mantle. Last night, on Wednesday, December 17th, that streak came to an abrupt end. Overlady Shakira successfully defended her right to be called such for a second time, beating back the challenge of the winner of the 4th Quarter 2003 Warlord's Tournament, two-time former Overlord Cletus Ganderfald. Ganderfald dueled under the banner of his homeland of Polaris; his second was his brother Magnus Eques, his Lady of Honor was his wife, Arane Nausikaa Ganderfald. Shakira's Second and Lord of Honor were both the same person, Arithon Falessen. The Overlady opted for a single duel format. Ganderfald opened up aggressively for the first point, scoring with a thrusting attack. His follow-up cut, however, was expertly denied by Shakira for the tying point. After a neutral round, the duo traded cuts, then the Overlady brought the score to 3-2 with a vicious slash. Shakira's parry in the next round was equally unsuccessful; Cletus tied it at 3 all with a skillful evasion. This, however, was the extent of Cletus's success: The next two points were Shakira's, who successfully defended the mantle by a score of 5-3. Congratulations to Shakira on her second defense, and a job well done to Cletus!

Immediately afterwards, Shakira's Second, Arithon Falessen, took to the challenge ring himself. Falessen had issued challenge to Max Quinlan Blue for the Fifth Ring; the peculiarity here was that the challenge had been officially issued and verified only hours before the duel! What followed was a classic challenge duel. Like Shakira, Baron Blue also chose a single duel format. Arithon opened with a cut for the first point, only to have Max answer that cut in the next round to tie it at 1 all. Max took firm control of the challenge from this point, building up to a commanding 4-1 lead. At this point, Arithon began a strong rally, tieing the score at 4 all. The two then traded cuts to bring the score to 5 all. However, this was as far as the Warlord was going; Max successfully stopped his thrust with a midline defense in the following round to retain the ring, 6-5. Good job to Max, and well done to both former Overlords!! Also, a job well done to Nicholas Overton Tyme, who officiated both challenges.