Baron Challenge

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Baron Challenge

Post by DoS Archive » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:41 pm

Date: 8/19/97 10:28 PM Eastern Standard Time

I, Skyler Chamberland, do publically announce my challenge to Jeff Oakenshield for the 5th Baron's ring. My reasons are simple, I want to hold a Baron's ring at one point in my career, nothing more, nothing less. I wish my opponent the best of luck and skill, and my the best dueler win.

Peer Wins Acquired,

1. Skyler JC def. Pkardinal 5-3 in 6 rounds. RDI Scad, '97
2. Skyler JC def. NovaShayde 5.5-3.5 in 12 rounds. RDI Girvin, '97
3. Skyler JC def. Vear Sivak 5.5-1.5 in 10 rounds. RDI Xeno, 97
4. Skyler JC def. Drakwyn x 5-1.5 in 9 rounds. RDI Mimi, '97
5. Skyler JC def. Spikushell 5-2 in 7 rounds. RDI Scad, '97
6. Skyler JC def. Dem Cyrax 5-1 in 7 rounds. RDI Alais, '97
7. Skyler JC def. RLupton 5-4 in 10 rounds. RDI Alais, '97
8. Skyler JC def. Rix Favre 5-1.5 in 7 rounds. RDI Knight, '97
9. Skyler JC def. GnrtDrgoon 5-0 in 5 rounds. RDI Knight, '97
10. Skyler JC def. Raiyko 5-1 in 9 rounds. '97
11. Skyler JC def. Dark Axe 5-3 in 10 rounds. '97
12. Skyler JC def. TinyTopaz 5.5-4 in 10 rounds. '97
13. Skyler JC def. HumaDragbn 5-4 in 12 rounds. '97
14. Skyler JC def. Duke Uziel 5-1 in 7 rounds. '97

~Enough~

~Skyler Chamberland
~Warlord, DoS.

Date: 8/19/97 10:33 PM Eastern Standard Time

wow, just like 'ol Damien said....lotsa challenges. Give 'em hell Sky, and g'luck Jeff.

Date: 8/19/97 11:17 PM Eastern Standard Time

::really starting to wonder why his name isn't on more Peer Lists....shrugs and posts a short note::

Luck ta ya both...Sky an Jeff!!!

Xy

Date: 8/20/97 1:52 AM Eastern Standard Time

::See's dat he's on this peer win list and thinks this has only been the second one he's been on::

Well...I wish ye both good luck on yer duel and may each of ye fight with honor and thee best of skill

~Vear Da'krynnian of Teyr

Date: 8/20/97 2:01 AM Eastern Standard Time

Hmmm...two challenges in fourteen days, I didn't know I was so loved ::grins::

I suppose I shouldn't feel disrespected, I remember how excited I was in me first challenge ta Daegarth, and he put up wit me, however disrespectful I was ta him. And I'm not even callin' Skyler disrespectful, just guess I was hopin' fer a rest fer once.

But bein' baron teaches ya one lesson....ya gotta do what ya gotta do ta stay on top. So, as I'm not one ta sit around and wait, I would like ta propose dis Friday; August 22 at da hour of 12:00 pm EST. I have received confirmation of da warlord's peer wins, and will now await his acceptance of dis date.

Yer in da rings,

~Jeffrey Oakenshield~
Keeper of da 5th Barons' Ring

Date: 8/20/97 7:31 AM Eastern Standard Time

Jeff,

Luck to you on your match, I know you already possess the skill.

~Ellisa--the ever-brief~

Date: 8/20/97 10:31 AM Eastern Standard Time

Everything sounds good to me--I gladly accept the date and time. Friday, August 22, at the hour of 12 on the eastern clock. Now, I know this will actually be the 23rd, but for purposes of simplicity, we'll call it the 22nd. I think Jeff will agree that a good spot for this duel will be The Battlefield, nice and peaceful.

~Sky

Date: 8/20/97 6:25 PM Eastern Standard Time

::reads through the posts, noting Kal's historical reference to challenge ques::

Hm, at least I was the first to do something noteworthy . . .

Date: 8/20/97 8:22 PM Eastern Standard Time

::notes more whining and complaining::

Two things....if you don't like the challenge rules concerning Renegade Barons...don't be one....secondly...if you have to be Renegade then take out the Overlord and replace em with someone you'd be loyal to. Stop cryin and take action.

Roman
P.S. Go ahead and cry in response to this one..i'm certainly interested in hearin it

Date: 8/20/97 8:38 PM Eastern Standard Time

Out of curiousity...who are ya?

Are ya important on some other planet?

I'd cry ta ya...but seein' as how yer a nobody, I figure I should meet ya first.

~J

Date: 8/20/97 8:42 PM Eastern Standard Time

It's probably someone important, but too scared to show their real face. ::shrugs:: I couldn't possibly care any less.

~Sky

Date: 8/20/97 9:36 PM Eastern Standard Time

Best of luck, gentleman.

C.

Date: 8/21/97 2:31 AM Eastern Standard Time

Why is it that every time there is a Baron challenge, it has to turn in to some political or some other argument. Kayne and Red Zealot, Lupton and Phil. Even Rix and Ajay? Was that an arguement? I don't know. Granted, not *every* time there is a challenge, but too many times there is one, an arguement starts. I don't give a damn about gender, challenging etiquette, and what not. Now this post is getting cluttered by some arguemnt with Elijah and Kal that I don't even understand. Folks, I challenged
Jeff, and I respect Jeff the most, becuase he's the only Baron who has the class to actually show up and duel every once in a while. I hardly even see the others. Therefore, with my knowledge of Jeff, I think I have the best chance of winning with him. Okay, this is my rant for the evening, now go ahead and reply with all your nasty comments, but I this was something I had to say.

~Sky

Date: 8/21/97 8:38 AM Eastern Standard Time

::tacked onto the boards with a sinuous golden dragon pin::

Dear Warlord,

You have insulted me with your words. I think never before have I written and posted a reply to another's post in as much distaste as I write this.

You wrote, "Why is it that every time there is a Baron challenge, it has to turn in to some political or some other argument." First of all, most questions are usually ended with a question mark, but that is irrelevant. The very rank of Baron is a political position! I believe too many people challenge wishing to have no part in politics. If you want no part in politics and discussions, do not challenge for a Baronial ring.

Were this the only affront written in your post, I would not have replied in this manner. However, you also write, "Folks, I challenged Jeff, and I respect Jeff the most, becuase he's the only Baron who has the class to actually show up and duel every once in a while." Excuse me? The *only* Baron who has the class to actually show up and duel every once in a while? My first question is this, do you actually know who all the Barons are? I'm sorry if I am overreacting, but I take that statement
personally. Yes, Jeff is present in the Arena probably more often than any other Baron. This by no means allows you to say in truth that he is the only Baron to have the class to show up to duel every once in a while. I am in the Arena at least once a week. I know that I see Lupton in the Arena at least once every weekend that I am there.

In truth, I feel disgusted and do not wish to continue writing. Rarely if ever before has someone made me feel this way, and I do not like it. A part of me hopes that you are successful Skyler. That same part hopes that Steven defeats me in his challenge. For if that happens, I will gladly show you how a Baron that doesn't have the class to show up and duel every once in a while can place small pieces an upstart Warlord in every remote corner of Rhydin and the multiverse.

::usigned, as the pen was thrown at the boards upon finishing that last line::

Date: 8/21/97 12:16 PM Eastern Standard Time

Rand,

Well said. I could try to come back with an arguement of my own, but I have realized that I'm not too good at arguing. Rand, I offended and insulted you, and I am sorry. Now that I go back and think about it, I realize how untrue some of my words were, thank you for pointing that out to me. And please excuse my improper grammar.

Anyone else,

Rand has already shut my mouth. This is why I try not to argue. Every time I do, someone with more intelligence than I will tear my arguement to shreads. So don't repond to my last thread unless you simply want to make me feel stupider.

And one other thing,

I previously wrote the statement, "Jeff is the only Baron who has the class to actually show up and duel every once in a while." I have one thing to say about this. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I don't know where my mind was when I wrote that, I suppose I just wasn't thinking. I respect all Barons, becuase you are a higher rank than I, and because you got to your position by earning it. Even if you don't show up to duel, one, it's none of business, and two, this doesn't by any means give me the right
to say you have no class. *I am sorry.*

~Sky

Date: 8/21/97 5:48 PM Eastern Standard Time

Warlord Skyler,

I too offer my apologies for replying and posting before taking the time to cool off. I let an overstatement that I am sure was not meant to insult have more effect on me than I should have. I hope you forgive me for my posting. A duelist that has fought to earn the rank of Warlord as well as beating at least ten others that also earned that rank is by no means unworthy in skill. I wish you the best in your challenge, and of course I also wish the Baron Jeff the best defense, for a well fought
duel is what makes this sport so much fun.

-Rand al'Tan

Date: 8/21/97 10:31 PM Eastern Standard Time

Ok, can we all kiss and make up now? ::grins and runs for cover::