Notice

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Notice

Post by DoF Archive » Sat May 15, 2004 10:25 pm

Date: 4/5/2000 2:47 PM Central Daylight Time

He walked up to the board, seeing that this was the place to be. He had been running number his entire life, it was his job, his love. And so it was he placed the note to the board with a smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the upcoming matches I will be setting the odds. Use them to bet with me, or use them to bet with your friends. I don't care. I just hope you take my advice when the time comes to make the bet so you don't go getting screwed.

For those that don't know how this is going to work, let me break it down.

Ill give odds to the challenge match. So if I give odds of 3-1 in favor of the baron, that means that every 3 gold pieces you put on the baron, means you will get 1 back. Conversely, every 1 you put on the underdog will get you 3. Pretty simple

I've looked at this in every angle and can't for the life of me see a way to give a point spread. Since the duels have a fixed limit, and spread given will almost lose and will basically be like picking the winner.

For tourneys, I will run it like horse races. Each dueler will have his own Odds unrelated to another.

Also I will be giving out special bets, such as Picking the exact score, Picking the number of rounds, Picking Combined score. Note that for the last one you don't have to be exact in the score as 5-4 and 4-5 add up either way. Anyway, pay attention for the official odds coming from me,

Numbers