The Ice Melted..

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

The Ice Melted..

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 12:03 am

Date: 5/11/2000 6:28 PM Central Daylight Time

The Dragonsblade stood in the Outback, staring over the small fraction of what it had once been. He sighed. Things would have to be reconstructed no doubt, he'd do his part to help, and if it was within his power..prevent the sensless destruction of another FireStar bearer.

His thoughts flew to his challenge with Tareth. Things seemed to come natural to him there, Tareth was a very accomplished and damn good duelist, he wondered how he'd be able to top him. But he did it then, and that's what bothered him. During the match, his movements and thoughts and that of Icedancer's aura were completely in synch. His movements were free and flawless.

People had said he had changed since garnering the Opal for himself, he didn't think so. Sure..he had been a bit more ambitious, maybe even rude to some..but he'd always been like that. Maybe they were scared of the Gauntlet? That's why he had kept that were no one would find it. For now at least..But now, there was something he had to do, pulling the paper from his pocket..he tacked it up. Done.

Friends and Patrons of the Outback,

I write this note today to apologize to any who have said I have changed during my tenure as Opal. If I in fact have changed, I am now taking precautions to remedy this. I hope that I can regain the semblance of what I once ways. I encourage all of my brethren that hold Opals now to step back and take a look at how it has affected you. We should all be cautious..before things get out of hand.

Sincerely,

::scrawled in blazing blue ink::

~Daelin Dragonsblade~

~Regent King of Dragonia~

~Twice Baron of the Seventh and Current Baron of the Eleventh~

~Bearer of the Blue Opal, IceDancer~