Red Opal Challenge Results

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Red Opal Challenge Results

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 1:34 am

Date: 6/28/2000 9:53 PM Central Daylight Time

Posted as prominently as possible in the temporary home of the Duel of Fists, the Dojo.

Duel Of Fists Official Announcement

Alexandria Wells defends the Red Opal, Firestar, against challenger Bode BoJangles!

Twenty-seventh day, Sixth Month, Ninth Hour

Let it be known that last night I bore witness to the challenge of Red Opal holder Alexandria Wells by the Emerald Bode BoJangles. The duels were held in the temporary Dojo location.

Ria faced the challenge with an injured ankle; Bode, in the spirit of balanced competition (call it what you bloody will) chose to fight with one arm - his right arm - tied and secured behind his back.

Ria narrowly took the win during the first, best of three fights, five to four in nine rounds. For the second, Bode came alive and cinched a five to one victory in only seven rounds.

The third match immediately followed. This lasted ten rounds, quite close, once again hitting the sudden death mark. After mirrored jabs, Ria set a winning legblock as Bode took the bait and swept right into it.

As a sanctioned official of the Duel Of Fists, I hereby declare Alexandria Wells victorious in her defense, having earned the right to continue on as the Red Opal, bearer of Firestar, through fair and just combat.

May the Gods save you from that magicked stone, Ria.
Just keep it away from me, and, not to mention the new Outback once it's complete.

Janella Vallonia
Official of the Arena and Outback