Greetings ...

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Greetings ...

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 6:06 pm

Date: 9/24/2000 11:51 PM Central Daylight Time

Greetings to the Duel of Fists community,

Allow me to be the first to invite you to our establishment we like to call The Blindfold, now the current place keeper for the Fifth Baronial Ring of the Duel of Swords. At The Blindfold our goal is to provide multiple avenues of entertainment to satisfy a variety of persons. Dancing, card games, the vaudeville, you name it, and we are always looking for suggestions to expand our repertoire. Dueling rings are currently under
construction in the south wing, and we hope to notify you of their completion in the coming week.

For those of you that are able to show evidence at the door of a current rank of Ruby or higher, we shall give you a 50% discount on the cover charge.

The Blindfold can be found on the western side of Rhydin Towne along Harrowgate Highway, at mile post 86. All comments and questions can be sent directly to me by courier.

Sincerely,

Con W. Fallacis
Comanager and Event Organizer of The Blindfold
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Greetings ...

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 6:07 pm

Date: 9/27/2000 12:59 PM Central Daylight Time

What if someone really poor wants to be involved with this, but don't have the rank of Ruby or above? Do you have any coverage plans for these types of people, or any along these lines, or can they just not be involved, because they're not worthy?

::The missive isn't penned in any particularly familiar handwriting, and nothing more is written. No signature, no indication that the writer might be joking, nothing. It's just penned and posted::
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 6:08 pm

Date: 9/27/2000 7:44 PM Central Daylight Time

To the inquiring body:

I believe the owners of this establishment are trying to say that if a person has proof of rank of Ruby or above, they get half-price to get into the establishment. To my understanding it means that whomever wants to get in can get it, but those Ruby of above get in for cheaper. I don't think it's saying anyone below cannot be involved.

~Daelin Dragonsblade

~XXXIX Overlord of the Duel of Swords

~Defender of the Blue Opal, IceDancer
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 6:09 pm

Date: 9/28/2000 3:54 PM Central Daylight Time

::sees the response to his post. Nods, going back to the other post and darkening 'really poor' some. That should now stick out in the post so his point will be caught.::
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 6:10 pm

Date: 9/28/2000 10:16 PM Central Daylight Time

Coverage plans? Dummy, ya either got the money to get ya in or ya don't. It's a nice place to spend your time if ya can afford it. Ya can take my word on that. It's a bit classy for my tastes though, but I ain't ever been one to be picky.

Bode
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 6:10 pm

Date: 9/29/2000 7:43 PM Central Daylight Time

((Author's note: The following is an excerpt from "Stripping the Blindfold" to provide a description of the place.))

With the salacious curves of neon pink cursive on a polished pine backdrop, the sign hovering the height of three average males above the glistening, black marble entranceway reads "The Blindfold." The brass gates immediately beneath can be found chain-locked anytime after midnight until daybreak, when those prestigious gents that have exhausted their stay make a subtle retreat. Beyond the enchanting bars and fine walls of brick that surround the
eye-widening mansion, the marble poors between the rows of trees and articulately trimmed shrubbery to lay a vast parking lot for a mix of golden carriages and finely tuned automobiles.
Two guards keep watch; one by the main entrance and front steps with the job of making sure that not just anybody strolls in, the other in the surveillance tower erected from the center of the lot with a myriad of small teleprompters that reveal almost every square inch of the area within the plastered walls and out, and the outlining ground surrounding the fortification. In the six or so hours when the property becomes impervious, only the tower
guard remains with a phoneline and back-up radio if anything should come up. Even the smallest of emergencies is a rarity -- the tower guard can always count on the entertainment of real life television throughout his shift.
Anyone renowned enough or capable of proving a sufficient worth in wealth is in for a real treat upon entering. The bright array of chandeliers hanging from the twenty feet high ceiling tickle the rays and cones of the angling retinas and give light to the multitude of classic and contemporary paintings, portraits, and sculptures blanketing the walls and roof. Plush carpeting cushions the soles as they make their trek to any of the inviting
gambling tables, or sporadic slot machines and pool tables. A stage fronted by circular dining tables allots a patron time off from the madness of card flipping and dice tossing to view a pleasant, often unrehearsed strip show; tipping recommended.
The manager and assistant keep positions at the desk along the back center of the festive lobby, loaning out rooms for the second and third floors along with the appropriate company--usually one of those dealing, waiting, or stripping temptresses that can catch most anybody's eye. The entire third floor and most of the second or set aside for such groupings, and those rooms lent for the sole purpose of board come at a much steeper price. The
fourth floor however is the residence of the owner, Mr. Fallacis, and his family. Only one high-security elevator reaches the top floor along with a concealed staircase somewhere along the back of the building.