Questrion vs Ladies of DoS

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Questrion vs Ladies of DoS

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:14 pm

Date: 8/26/97 6:39 AM Pacific Standard Time

M'lords and ladies of the DoS,

I would like to announce that the Ladies of DoS, Alais d NS, Kaprielle, MorganFay, QnLuthien and Red Zealot proved to be a tad bit more than we could handle in last nights challenge. I believe the final score was..... someone correct me if I am wrong.....

Ladies of DoS 20 Questrion 18.5

I would like to thank everyone that showed up to duel and also those who showed up to just enjoy the color of the evening. As was last Monday night, this Monday proved to be as entertaining. I would like to give a special thanks to NovaShayde for doing the honors of calling the five matches, and must say he did an outstanding job.

Another special thanks to MorganFay and MadDwarf, last minute substitutions for both teams, for providing the most dramatic match of the evening. Thanks to Adeena for giving me an opportunity to meet her in a ring on a quiet evening, when I could partake in the full experiance of dueling such a grand lady of DoS.

Well, whos next? ::smiles:: Seriously, it seems that this team challenge has proved to be enjoyable for all concerned, so I would ask that some folks start forming some teams, as I believe we may see renewed interest in a DoS Team League. ::chuckles:: And by Iain's scoring method I hear Questrion pulled out a half point victory last night, so he's sold me. ::laughs:: Course I am an easy sell.

Cheers,

Warlord Valmion
13th Overlord of DoS
Lord of Questrion
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:15 pm

Date: 8/26/97 7:09 AM Pacific Standard Time

Actually, it was 21-19.5. ;>

By the scoring rules in effect during the attempted league a couple of years ago, Questrion eked out a 34.5-34 victory.

For those interested...

Alais d NS def. Dem Cyrax 5-0 (13-0 FF) -- (5 for the win, 5 for the 5 points, 3 for the shutout)
Brigath def. Kaprielle 5-3 (16-10 FF)
Morgan Fay def. MadDwarf 6-4.5 (27-14.5 FF)
Draven Il def. QnLuthien 5-3 (30-24.5 FF)
Valmion def. Red zealot 5-4 (34.5-34 HQ)

As far as starting the league again; I'm all for it. The only questions involve which rules to use. Necessarily, a league will require more complicated rules, and which rules from the old league are to be retained needs to be hashed out. I'll be working with folks to get this done.

~irm
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:16 pm

Date: 8/26/97 12:10 PM Pacific Standard Time

I'd join the league, but I'd need a team to do that (assuming someone would actually want to be on my team).
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:16 pm

Date: 8/27/97 8:49 AM Pacific Standard Time

I strongly suggest using the point-count or match-count system. Either system is simple and understood by everyone. Which system used in a particular tourney should be decided beforehand between the two captains.

Sincerely,
Xenograg kathu-Darelir.