Opal Challenge, redefined

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Opal Challenge, redefined

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 1:29 pm

Date: 10/8/2001 7:12 PM Central Daylight Time

Time and tradition have told those of us that hold the opals to cling to them until someone worthy of them comes along with enough strength and will to take them from us. Currently, that hasn't happened concering the opal I hold. I grow weary without challenge.

As stated before on this cork, I am highly unimpressed with the current list of active emeralds. I doubt any of them have the gall or the talent to take IceDancer from me.

So, to solve both these problems, I offer a new sort of opal challenge.

I will be in the Outback all this week while I am able, and every week until someone accomplishes my challenge. Any emerald eligible to hold an opal can come fight for one, I will fight all comers. Anyone who beats me two of three times can have it.

Bring it on.

----------=Thorn=----------
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Opal Challenge, redefined

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 1:29 pm

Date: 10/8/2001 9:26 PM Central Daylight Time

I ain't high enough in rank but if I come beat you, would you retire it?

cg
DoF Archive
Archivist

Icedancer Opal Challenge

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 1:30 pm

Date: 10/10/2001 10:40 AM Central Daylight Time

Tareth's got his challenge.

The Outback. Tonight.

-Janella
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Icedancer Opal Challenge

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 1:30 pm

Date: 10/10/2001 11:02 PM Central Daylight Time

You an' me, Tar.

Let's dance.

Jaycy
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 1:31 pm

Date: 10/11/2001 11:44 AM Central Daylight Time

He wandered up to the cork boards after hearing about Tareth's Opal Challenge papers on them and was prepared to write and walk. Write and walk.. but of course when you walk up to such a board, it's customary to read a bit. He couldn't help but snicker and chuckle at all the myriad of answers and bad writings that had littered the boards next to or on Tareth's note.

"Man, we have *got* to work on Chris' handwriting." Turning his head to the side and upside down he could manage to make out the fellow callers scrawly writing, if only just barely.

With another yawn he set to finding a clean sheet of paper with which to write many names down on hopefully, and began after simply turning an old piece of paper around and affixing it onto the boards.

Yo. Official Crap here:

1. Magnus Highborn has challenged.

Tareth Triumphed.

2. Janella Vallonia (Jaded Death) has challenged.

Cocky man still holds the Opal.

Anyone else to challenge Tareth Thorn for the rights to hold Ice Dancer? Let's go.

Sunday will be open from 8 pm until whenever I close it, don't worry, someone WILL be there this time. Very sorry about the last few Sundays.

I expect to be calling at LEAST 2 challenges on Sunday for Tareth Thorn, if not at least 4.

Remember:

Tareth wants you. Let's go Emeralds.

Satisfied, he tore down a few more old sheets of paper that were too overdrawn on to be worthwhile any longer and headed back to his room.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 1:31 pm

Date: 10/17/2001 4:13 PM Central Daylight Time

See, this is exactly what I meant.

Three up, three down. Magnus couldn't do it, Janella couldn't do it, Jaycy couldn't do it.

It took one of the proven duelists from an age past to finally take the blue stone from me.

Congratulations, Jake. I'm glad we still have somoene with talent showing up every now and then.

Or rather, my condolences.

I remain,
He who is still unimpressed by the current emeralds.