Moonberyl Challenge Results

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Moonberyl Challenge Results

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 1:55 pm

Date: 1/19/2002 12:21 PM Central Daylight Time

::a note written on parchment paper with a wax seal at the top, the initials being SRH, is tacked to the boards, it reads the following::

On the Night of
Friday, the eighteenth of the month of January

I, Ms. Sarah Rebekah Hunter, did have the honor of officiating one challenge for the right to bear the Yellow opal: Moonberyl. The results are as follows:

Entering a bit late, I rushed in to find the opponents, Mr. Tareth Thorn (challenger) and Ms. Casey Shiv Blade (defender), ready to commence their duels. Thus, I instructed them to enter the ring Styx and begin when ready. Lasting eight rounds, Tareth found himself with the early lead as he won that duel 5-3

((Round breakdown:
Round Casey Tareth score
#1 Chop Jab 1-1
#2 Jab Chop 2-2
#3 Fancy Legblock jab 2-3
#4 Jab Fancy Armblock 2-4
#5 Snapkick Sweep 3-4
#6 Fancy Duck Fancy Armblock 3+-4+
#7 Jumpkick Sweep 3-4
#8 Sweep Fancy Legblock 3-5))

The next match was fought in the PIT, cause what would a challenge be without a brawl down in the muck? Casey fought herself into a 1-1 match tie by winning that second match 5-3 in the Tenth round.

((Round breakdown:
Round Casey Tareth score
#1 Snapkick Fancy Duck 1-0
#2 Chop Jab 2-1
#3 Flip Feint Leap 2-1
#4 Jab Fancy Armblock 2-2
#5 Snapkick Jumpkick 2-3
#6 Fancy Dodge Jab 3-3
#7 Fancy Leap Fancy Armblock 3+-3+
#8 Armblock Jab 4-3
#9 Fancy Dodge Feint Legblock 4-3+
#10 Spinkick Dodge 5-3))

The third match came after a short delay...One in which I presented the pool (a small freestanding dohboy) I had set up outside earlier. In the process of getting lights to shine with Dustin and Xerzes’ help though, Casey did some sort of magic with the rock and began to move the pool inside. I just fainted when I saw the pool about 3 inches off the ground and moving in my direction, but when I came to, the pool was stuck in the doorway. So, making
the best of the situation, and with Tareth’s suggestion, I got Dustin to help me push it into the outback. Needless to say, a lot of spilled water later the pool final found its new residence at the far side of the bar INSIDE the outback. Casey and Tareth were summoned to begin their duel and they did. This one was full of excitement with water splashing all about. And what would a challenge be if it didn’t come right down to the wire? A
SUDDEN DEATH duel, in the POOL finally ended with a new Moonberyl holder. Tareth eeked out the win in the twelfth round.

((Round breakdown:
Round Casey Tareth score
#1 Fancy Dodge Fancy Armblock 0+-0+
#2 Sweep Chop 1-0
#3 Fancy Leap Fancy Dodge 1+-0+
#4 Flip Sweep 1-1
#5 Spinkick Feint Leap 1+-1
#6 Leap Sweep 2-1
#7 Snapkick Snapkick 3-2
#8 Spinkick Sweep 3-3
#9 Fancy Dodge Feint Leap 3-3+
#10 Fancy Armblock Jab 4-3