Diamond Quest Results!

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Diamond Quest Results!

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 2:15 pm

Date: 4/14/2002 1:40 AM Central Daylight Time

Diamond Quest Results for the 14th of the Month.

Fighters entered: 9
Matt, Tareth, Tarl, Shawn, Jaycy, Anubis, Tim, Xerzes, and Chris.

The Diamond Quest started with high energy, and leading the way the fighters took each other on in various rings, Shawn took on Tim and beat him, Tarl fought his way valiantly to take Xerzes down, and Jaycy gave Anubis his first loss for the night. Tareth however decided to drag things out and make everyone wait, then Finally won. Matt had the bye. G'nort also had an abundance of byes for the rest of the quest.

Second wave had Chris dancing with Anubis and dipping him into his second loss, Tarl was so hot he was nearly on fire and handed Shawn his first loss.. while Jaycy gave Matt an upset and a loss. Xerzes and Tim were the ones dragging things out, but Tim hooked his way another win and Xerzes got to sit on the couch with Jinn. Tareth meanwhile was napping.

Third round consisted of Shawn being dropped like a hot potato, Tim keeping himself alive for another round.. Matt tore through Chris like a wet paper bag, and Tareth treats Jaycy like a matured dandelion and blows her down for her first loss.

Fourth round, Jaycy got to sit on the couch and keep Jinn's side warm, and Matt finally pulled the rug on Tim's winning streak, dumping him out of the match, while Tarl slammed the door in Tareth's face for his first loss.

Apparently that time on the couch was enough to give Jaycy her wind because she whacked quite a shutout on Tarl, while Matt clings to his hope for continuing diamond title, by smacking Tareth out of the running.

Tarl and Jaycy duked it out, and Jaycy floated like a butterfly, and stung like a bee for the second time on Tarl's hide, taking the title for the round on to duel Matt with.

In the end it was the Pit, the Mud, the Weevils, and Jaycy and Matt glaring at each other. It was down to the wire.. down to the limit.. down, to the final straw.

Who would win?

Who would take home the walking liability for the rest of the cycle?

Would Jaycy win it for the girls? Or would Matt carry it another season?

Only time would tell. The match was long and grueling, not to mention dirty.. Goon, who'd called a lot of duels in the pit, was now by far splattered with mud and everyone was quite exhausted. Jinn was asleep, others were nodding off, and those that weren't were anxious as to how the two would make it.

They didn't. By the end of the match, both competitors were lying on the floor of the Pit, too exhausted to move..

Tareth, his usual bastardly self went down to swipe the diamond from Matt since he couldn't move and since there wasn't going to be an award with another diamond.. Matt was to keep his own!

So Matt takes it again for another cycle, good dueling all of you for the bravery shown, and the courage tested at this tiring event!! Hopefully next time there'll be MORE people there!!

Results per round:

Tareth def. Chris 5-1
Tarl def. Xerzes 5-4
Shawn def. Tim 5-2
Jaycy def. Anubis 5-3
Matt bye

Jaycy def. Matt 5-2
Tarl def. Shawn 5-3
Chris def. Anubis 5-2
Tim def. Xerzes 6-5
Tareth bye
Eliminated: Anubis, Xerzes

Tareth def. Jaycy 5-2
Matt def. Chris 5-2
Tim def. Shawn 5-4
Tarl bye
Eliminated: Chris, Shawn

Matt def. Tim 5-3
Tarl def. Tareth 5-4
Jaycy bye
Eliminated: Tim

Matt def. Tareth 5-4
Jaycy def. Tarl 5-0
Eliminated: Tareth

Jaycy def. Tarl 5-3
Matt bye
Eliminated: Tarl

Matt def. Jaycy 5-3
Eliminated: Jaycy

Matt takes the diamond again.

(As a special note, I'd like to thank Goon for his efforts, it looked in the room like I was handling things, but really Goon was doing all the work, and shouldering most of the difficulties. I appreciate it wholeheartedly! Thank you all. And special special thanks to someone for swatting a flea for us.)
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Diamond Quest Results!

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 2:15 pm

Date: 4/14/2002 2:35 AM Central Daylight Time

I was not going to swipe Matt's diamond! I was going to swipe Matt's opponent! So there!

.... althought the thought did cross my mind.

Congrats Matt, you deserved it more than I did.

~TT
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Diamond Quest Results!

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 2:16 pm

Date: 4/14/2002 5:52 PM Central Daylight Time

After a quick glance over the boards, the warrior takes up a pen and scribbles out a quick note.

Congratulations on the win, Matt.

Bane