Last night on the job?

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Last night on the job?

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:03 pm

Date: 1/9/1998 1:30 AM Central Standard Time

::It was late thursday night, Summer was calling over at the arena, and Jeff had left for Oakenshield Manor. On his way down the main street running through Rhydin proper, Jeff's thoughts moved to the upcoming Diamond quest. With the duel of fists on his mind, he sidetracked back to the Outback. All was quiet, no one was about, it was peaceful as was the dwarf's mind. He was looking forward to this upcoming quest, no longer with anything to prove
to anyone other than himself. The first week of his reign was hell, but he survived it and kept his ring which he worked so hard to obtain. After a great cycle of dueling, he was ready for the test again, but entered with a new mindset. No longer was it an all or nothing, "back to the wall", situation. Jeff had reigned a full cycle, tried his hardest to show up as much as he could, and tried to contribute to a community that had accepted him as
their champion. He loved it in the Outback, and the commradery of the Diamond Quest. Even though 18 emeralds would vie for one prize, there would be no animosity, or ill will. It would be a gathering of Rhydin's finest fighters, and Jeff wouldn't miss it for the world. Win or lose, he had come in and done what he set out to do, be the best diamond he knew how. He could only hope further that it was enough.::

::still he wasn't ready to give up the shot at retaining the title as Percival and Imp did before, and so having rested up, he decided to get in some last minute practice. Walking over to a punching bag he threw a couple fast jabs, then a uppercut, followed by a hook, knowing all of those would have their time. Jumping around the bag he practiced his dodges, to anyone watching he looked the fool, but in his mind the bag was a strong emerald looking
to drop him to the floor. Now ducking, then rolling away he moved in circles around this motionless bag, then he sprang up into a jumpkick catching the top of the bag forcing it back, before dropping to the floor and spinning around to face it. Decidingly unsatisfied with the practice bag he moves into a ring, stepping around it edges, getting the feel again. Kicking out he practiced through each of the attack he would need to beat his opponents.
Finally finished his workout session he climbed atop the new ring Matt had build. Looking down upon the Outback, perhaps for the last time, he sat perched up on the edge of the ring and utter one thing quietly to himself::

<vsqw> I am home.

::unmoving for many minutes he sat in contemplation atop the new ring, going over the cycle and the many months ahead. And finally, when the twilight was upon him, he climbed down and headed out for it was time to sleep well and rest up for the big day ahead::
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Last night on the job?

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:04 pm

Date: 1/9/1998 1:35 AM Central Standard Time

::as he walked out he left a small note tacked on the door for those to read as they entered tomorrow night::

Ta all of da DoF community,

I wish ta dank ya all fer da opportunity ta serve as yer Diamond. It has truly been an enjoyable experience. Ya gave me a chance, ya showed me both support and respect, and fer such I cannae repay ye enough. I have found a new home in da Outback, amongst a kind and open community of Rhydin's finest fighters. I encourage other new duelers ta stay and learn da ways of DoF, fer da pinnacle, da Diamond is a goal like none other. I can't wait ta
see me fellows tamorrow at da Diamond Quest, I wish ye all da best of luck. Again, me sincere appreciation fer bein' accepted inta dis community, I will never ferget any of ya. I look forward ta another great cycle, may we all duel well and have fun!

~Jeffrey Oakenshield~
9th Diamond of da Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Last night on the job?

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:04 pm

Date: 1/10/1998 4:14 AM Central Standard Time

::Yawns and stretches, the effects of the sleeping potion slowly wearing off. Snuggles into the pillows her dark green eyes watching Jeff as he slowly prepares for the night.::

(s)Luv, there be no Diamond on ya hand?

::the dwarf slides under the covers quietly as she reaches up to check him. His mouth, his arms, his legs, his body....::

(s)Luv ya be safe, an' Dirk an' I bless ta Goddess ya here.

::As he quietly kisses her cheek and wraps her up in his arms she drifts back to sleep, content in his power and in his love. As the last bit of reality slips away she manages to whisper::

(s)Luv, do I hae ta bite ta Marzan's ear off?

::A soft laugh and words she can not quite hear carry her back to sleep::