Diamond Quest

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Diamond Quest

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:14 pm

Date: 1/10/1998 1:45 PM Central Standard Time

I would like to take time out to give congrats to Imp on his Diamond Quest victory last night. To Imp what can I say? ::grin:: I guess we just have to put up with you all over again ::winks:: You have made your place in history Imp and I hope this Diamond reign is your best one yet. I know that many of us look to the Diamond as not only a champion but also the leader of the sport. I hope you will be able to help steer the ship into a
promising future.

I would also like to take a moment to thank Jeff for all the hard work that he put in during his reign. A lot of us saw his presence in the ring but he also put in a lot of energy in behind the scenes that some may have not seen. While many doubted if he would be "suitable" for I think he more then proved himself. I wish him luck in his continued dueling and with his growing family.

All who dueled last night owe a big thank you to the RDI's. The group of folks who gave up the chance to duel, lost sleep, and shelved other duties to help make this event happen. My personal thanks to Izzit, Goon, Artie, and Destre. Very well done you four.

As we approach the new cycle with a newly crowned Diamond, new rules and aspects of our sport it is my hope that we can continue to grow. Many new faces appear in our rings every night hoping to be the new Diamond of tomorrow. While we see this take a moment to remember what makes us special. An area out of our past that we sometimes forget in the rush to be a champion or to get another duel. The simple gesture of welcoming new people and respecting
one another. Never allow yourself or the people around you take for granted that this is still a place to get to know one another and share a tale and a drink. As a very special person told me, we still want the DoF to be a place where "everyone knows your name."

I am the leader but you are the community. I can do things until I am blue in the face but until we act as a group nothing can happen. We are not at a danger point, the DoF in my opinion is not falling apart. This is just a simple reminder as we head into the new year and cycle....please be good to one another.

Peace,
RDI Tex
DoF Team Leader
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Diamond Quest

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:15 pm

Date: 1/10/1998 2:54 PM Central Standard Time

Hmmm..both my losses were to Imp, and I beat Jeff. I think I can almost claim 2nd place :). Too bad there's no prize for that...

Good job Imp! You certainly proved your worthiness to me!

Thank you Izzit, and all the callers for the well-run tournament, although I didn't really like losing to the same dueler twice. Well, being seeded last, I shouldn't complain much. And its better than losing to him in the first round and being out of the tourney as originally planned....

-Steve

::as he walks off, he shakes his head, still not feeling much like an Emerald even though he made a good showing at the DQ, and feeling as if he had ruined other dueler's chances::
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:15 pm

Date: 1/10/1998 4:46 PM Central Standard Time

::Reads Tex's note, nods in agreement, speaks softly as he heads up the stairs to check on the ever-working machine that remains behind one of the second-floor room doors::

Wise words by a wise man.

::stops, turns, and decides to write a little something, too::

Indeed Imp, congratulations. Wear the Diamond with honor. The DQ callers put in a lot of effort and hard work last night and they should be commended on their work. Jeff, what can I say? You surprised a lot of people and not only gave a lot to the sport, but showed the community at large the power of the Diamond, not just in the rings, but out of them. The Diamond is a leader and everyone who's ever held the ring knows that (and Imp knows it
three times as well as most). =) Although we cannot dwell on the past, I do believe I speak for a large portion of the community when I say that you will be missed as Diamond, and that your reign will be remembered for quite a long time.
If I was a drinking man, I'd raise a toast to the future. I see a bright one ahead.

--Matt
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:16 pm

Date: 1/10/1998 6:26 PM Central Standard Time

Huzzah to Imp man!
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:16 pm

Date: 1/10/1998 7:57 PM Central Standard Time

::nods slowly as he reads the boards and then posts his own response::

Although I wasn't a participant last night, it sounds as though everyone made a noble effort in the vie for the prize. I'd like to make a few comments to all of the Diamonds that landed in the semi-finals and finals. It takes the best to acchieve what you 3 did. Marz, Jeff, and Imp, all three of you have at one point held the crown, and shown your worthiness against the opponents that have come against you. All of you have shown great honor in
defending your titles. In this particular Quest, there were no losers, as you showed once again that the best can fight to hold the traditions of our sport.

Marzan, my friend, I would also like to extend my congratulations on your engagement to Tele. I wish that the both of you have a warm and happy life together. As a vowed guard to her highness, I will do my best to ensure that none try to impeede your love.

Jeffrey... I think that Matt said a great many things about your reign that did you justice. I thank you for your honorable reign. Even though many people do not realize that only one man... err... dwarf... err... woman... err... person(!) has a lot of troubles during a title reign, and you stuck with it no matter what happened. For this I extend my thanks and gratitude. Not many people know that your help to me through TTDoF as well as
DoF has been instrumental in keeping my sanity, but you did a good job.

Imp... what can I say? I came here in your first reign, stayed through your second, and now see your third. Congratulations as you wear the Diamond once more, and set a historic precident. Good luck in your reign, and may you have the honor in wearing the ring that has come to be expected from the Diamond, the best in our sport.

To the three of you, I thank you for your will to fight and the honor that you have brought to our sport. May the exclusive "members only club" of Diamonds still raise the columns of regalia to our sport.

Also notes of congratulations to Steve and Tarl and the many other emeralds, as their race was cut short, but did not go unnoticed.

I remain,

Ian Munro
Tisman Black Rose
Holder of ShadoWeaver, Black Opal of the Duel of Fists
Commissioner of Tag Team Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm

Date: 1/10/1998 8:03 PM Central Standard Time

Indeed. I would again like to thank Jeff for being such a good Diamond, and making the effort he did to be here to duel just about every night.

Imp, what can I say? This is now your third reign as our Diamond, and I think I speak for all of the community when I say thanks to you for being such a good duelist and member of the DoF community. You are indeed one worthy of holding the honored Diamond, and a very good role model for those new people we keep getting. Congratulations again, and may this reign be your best ever :)

Jack
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm

Date: 1/18/1998 4:17 AM Central Standard Time

::tacked to the board::

Congratulations, Imp!! Well done indeed.

Jeff.. you did good, who'da thunk it? ::scribbled wink:: I expect to see you return again to hold the big rock.

Kyttnayah