Cometh the Bear

Read-only archive for the Duel of Magic
DoM Archive
Archivist

Cometh the Bear

Post by DoM Archive » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:27 pm

Date: 9/20/98 6:34 PM Eastern Standard Time

Loud splashing sounded over the Isle, a mountain of a man was pulling himself out of the water and making his way up on the beach. His braids hung down low, weighted with water before he gave a massive shake all the way down to his bare feet, like a wild animal. Water still dripped from his bearskin loincloth as he walked up the beach to the edge of the amphitheater. The man appeared to be grumbling to himself ashis nose sniffed the air. "Umm, blasted goblins and someone else off in the woods. I can't believe I was talked into this, just because I drank all the ale in the arena." His grumbling continued as he lumbered his way through the seats towards the bar. His eyes narrowing as he saw the goblin servants for the first time. "Hoa you little pesky goblins! Get up off yer rears and get this place into shape! I'm here now and there won't be any of this playing around." His voice booming, echoing throughout the amphitheater. His long strides never slowed as he shuffled up to the bar. Head turning one way then the other, eyeing the goblins that began to scurry about as he towered over them. "Start the ale to flowing and don't let it stop till I leave this cursed Isle." He said with a deep chuckle, reaching over to take the first of many tankards of ale out of a goblin's hand. Tankard in hand, the large man turned and made his way to where he thought the best view of the rings below. A visible shiver running down his spine with each step that took him closer to his destination. His head shaking, the long braid down his back and the two hanging for his moustache, whipping around. "This place gives me cold chill. I will get back at Daegarth for this job...." His voice trailed off as he flopped down into a stone chair, kicking his feet up on a rock to the side, tankard in hand.