A Disturbing dream

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

A Disturbing dream

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:33 am

Date: 8/25/97 5:57 PM Pacific Standard Time

Late one nite a disturbing dream befalls Huma...

::sleeping soundly he dreams that he is sitting alone in the arena, staring at the emptyness when a familiar figure steps through the doorway.:: ::the man speaks as he decends the stairs,:: "Huma...do you know why I am here? ::The man stops in front of the table where Huma sits::
"I believ so."
"I must say I am very dissapointed in you Huma." ::the man shaking his head, then continues:: "I am here because of your actions of late...your deeds are far less than adequite for one of your potion with the Solomnic knights. Furthermore, you have also betrayed the knightly oath and measure that the knights live by." ::Huma looking down at his hands, hearing these words:: "Although, these not being capital crimes, they are crimes that would leed to a life of dishonor and shame." :: a stern but
compashinent look crosses the man's face::
"I understand Lord Paladine." ::still averting his gaze::
"Although, for deeds rendered in your past...I will give you the oppertunity to reclaim your honor and start anew." ::Paladine glances to the rings then back to Huma:: "Claim the title of Overlord. Then and only then will you prove your worth and be able to regain your lost honor." ::then man turns and walks up the stairs::
"Lord Paladine....If I lose?" ::Huma askes quietly::
"Don't" ::the man steps out::
::Huma awakes from the dream and heads off to announce his challenge in a cold sweat::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:34 am

Date: 8/25/97 9:12 PM Pacific Standard Time

::Walking past the Arena, Llenlleawc sees a faint light creeping from under the door. The sounds of a brief conversation are muffled by the thick portal. Then, suddenly, the dim light is gone, and the sounds cease. Prepared to continue his walk, Llen is startled to see his friend Huma come out of the Arena, shaking and seeming disturbed. Huma's eyes are unfocused, and he seems not to see Llen standing there. He whispers one brief sentance as he passes, almost like a mantra: "Overlord, I must defeat
the Overlord.."

With a sad shake of his head, Llenlleawc recognises a fellow knight on a Dreamquest. He now has two people to pray for at the pool this night.

"May thy sword strike true, and thy honor fail thee not my friend," with that whispered thought, the King's Champion turned his footsteps towards Lakehome.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:35 am

Date: 9/1/97 9:10 PM Pacific Standard Time

::leaving the battlefield in defeat, Huma slowly makes his way home.:: I have failed ::he mummbles the entire route to his tent, chosing not to stay with the Lady Aja this nite. Arriving at the tent amongst the woods he slowly lifts the flap and ducks into the tent buttoning the flap behind him. Sighing heavily, Huma drops the two-handed sword NightBlade down onto a heap of clothing. in mock amusement he says "Lot of good you did me tonite...woulda probly done better using my broom." Huma frowns and
throws his cerimonial blue cloak over the weapon in disqust.::
Well...I wonder if the dream I had nearly three weeks ago was real? If so, I wonder what Paladine has instore for me...::removing his shirt, Huma finds a bottle of wine stuffed in his pack.:: Oh, this is nice, my victory drink. ::scoffs at the bottle and uncorks it, raising it up in a salute:: to the victor...Dalamar, may ye forever kick my arse. ::tilting the bottle back Huma drinks near a third of the wine, then recorks the bottle and lays back on his cot. Huma then reaches over and puts out the
lantern he carried in with him and drifts into a restless sleep.::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:35 am

Date: 9/1/97 9:37 PM Pacific Standard Time

::Drifting off to sleep, Huma finds himself again in the arena alone. Sitting at a table near the rings he awaits the arrival of his god. His wait is not long. Within minuets the door slowly creeks open and the familiar body of Paladine slips quietly in.::
Huma...I am really dissapointed with you now. I give you a simple quest to regain your honor in the eyes of the knight hood and you failed.::Paladines expression cold but with a hint of compassion::
So what punishment have you got for me m'lord? ::Huma's expression calm:: Ye said my crimes against the knight hood were not capital? So what does fate hold for me now? More humiliation? More dishonor? Just how could things get worse for me? ::Huma's anger begining to escape::
I could take you back with me to be tried by your peers. ::A cold look coming from Paladine::
That would destroy your relationship with the Lady Aja, would it not? ::the question stabbing Huma like a dagger in the back.::
::Hiding the fear in his words:: Is that the punishment that awaits me lord Paladine? Will you take from me the thing that i care most about? Even more than the knight hood itself.
::Paladines tones switching to those of one who cares:: You have suffered much in this lifetime Huma, even before you have found your way to this realm. But, if the knight hood ever caught wind of your actions of late...::paladine pauses to consider what would happen::let us just avoid that. Henceforth I Paladine do banish you Huma Dragonbane from your homeland, and to this realm for the rest of your days. And as such you shall not claim title or rank of the knights of solomnia. From this day forth
everytime you look upon your swordhand you shall remember your dishonor. ::Paladine moves his hands in a arcane pattern, his hands begin to glow a pale yellow as the spell is completed.::
::Finding himself spellbound for a moment, Huma awakes alone in his tent. A dull ache in his right hand. Slowly he sits up and lights the lantern next to his cot. After shaking away the sleepiness Huma stares almost in shock at the cause of the ache....a tatoo of an eagle wearing a crown carrying a sword in it's talon's, with a rose entwined about the blade. The symbol of the Solomnic knights, the kingfisher.::