Archmage finals November

Read-only archive for the Duel of Magic
DoM Archive
Archivist

Archmage finals November

Post by DoM Archive » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:49 pm

Date: 11/9/99 9:13 PM Eastern Standard Time

Archmage Tournament Finals

I Phantom bear witness to the Archmage tournament finals between Dansantes Evermeadow, thee defending archmage, and Syous of Mystara the challenger by right from his victory in the tournament of mages the night before. I was very honored to have witnessed this display of excellent. This match was very close although the number may not seem like it. Take this into account the round leaders were as such, Syous led 30, they were tied 4, and
Dansantes only led 8. This is amazing let alone the 42 rounds this went meaning a 14 round per duel average. With that many rounds led you'd assume Syous ground her to dust, but the total score was 17.5-17 Syous. Absolutely amazing only a half point separated the two of them. This was a true showing of the two best in the sport at this time. It was an amazing match, and one to be remembered for all time if you ask me. Here is a duel by duel look
at this great match.

In duel one Syous jumped out to a huge by going up 4.5-1 in ten rounds. Little did we in attendance know this duel wasn't even halfway over yet. Dansantes stormed back showing everyone why she was the archmage by coming all the way back to snatch the lead 5-4.5 in round 17. Still though this duel was 6 rounds from being over. It took 23 rounds before Dansantes managed to secure the match winning 8.5-7. Thusly she won the longest match in Magic
history here on the isle.

The second duel was fast paced and high scoring. It only took them 4 rounds and the score was all notched up at 3 all. Dans managed to slip ahead 4-3 in round five, but Syous then managed to hold her to a half a point for the rest of the duel and thusly managed to win 5.5-4.5 in 9 rounds. In a weird fact to think about if Dans had won in round 6 that would have been only the 7th round she had lead in both of the duels and all 32 rounds. It was
not to be though, and they went onto a third and final duel.

In this round the match stayed with as it had gone thus far Dans only managed to lead one round in the 7 being up a half point 3.5-3. Once again though Syous would turn it up that extra notch and only allow her a half point the rest of the duel. So after 10 rounds Syous claimed victory becoming the isle's 11th Archmage of all time, and the fourth and final this year.

Everyone please join me in congratulations for
Syous of Mystara
in his victory to become the new
Archmage of the Duel of Magic

As witnessed by RDI Phantm "The Phantom"