Reply to challenge

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Reply to challenge

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:56 am

Date: 8/31/97 3:16 PM Pacific Standard Time

Warlord E Corex,

I have recieved confirmation of your peer wins and will set a date within the two week time period allowed. I will take care of *all* the arrangements myself...time, place and caller. I will not waste anyone time questioning motives or reasons, I have no need, others will do that in my stead.

I have one suggestion however,

Since my baronial ring is but a "means to an end" to further your goals, (An insulting thing to me in itself), I request an answer on one thing. Since you will be challenging Lord Dalamar for his title after you defeat me, by your own plan I presume, would you be thouroughly offended if Lord Dalamar were to step in my place and challenge your worth? Since your ultimate goal is his fall I feel it may be prudent and only fair for him to stand and defend himself.

I will be contacting my brother and sister barons on this and will speak with the renegades among us. I have no enemies among my peers so I see no trouble with obtaining a match between you and Dalamar before you meet myself. I am sure this is what you would wish, for only the strong do survive.

The only thing that does disturb me is being thought of as nothing more than a means to an end for your ambitions. I have never claimed friendship with you and perhaps now I see why.

Good luck on your Match(es) warlord.

Adeena Maeax.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:56 am

Date: 8/31/97 3:39 PM Pacific Standard Time

I think my Buddy Baph stated the solution ta' all this perfectly a few posts back:

<< Regardless of reasons for challenging, one thing people should realize in challenging at all is the responsibility one has as a title holder. Not just to defend a ring, and prove thyself with skill, but in a way perhaps be a role-model to other duelers. Being a Baron makes you high profile and someone that everyone watches. I am not saying I am a perfect example of a Baron. What I am saying is that before you do decide to challenge, make sure you have the proper respect and interest,
fully understanding the importance of the position within the community you are trying to undertake.>>

E just wants ta' fulfill a goal and doesn't give a hoot about who he steps on or hurts ta' do it.
::Shrugs:: He'll never be half the man or Baron Baph is. My respect fer the boy keeps swirlin' down the john.

BRK
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:57 am

Date: 8/31/97 4:21 PM Pacific Standard Time

Warlord Ecore,

Should thee ever manage to go beyond thy ability to choke when the pressure is on the line and actually achieve Overlord, House Lathadoscia will be the first in line to issue challenge to remove thee from such title and position of power. Ye have some ideas I might agree with time to time, but thy methodology of dealing with the issues is lacking to the level of a sociopath(sp?). Neither I nor my House will ever forget how ye saught our alliance and then abandoned and deserted us as well.
Even up through thy last challenge some of the old House loyalty was to thy side. Our sympathies are at end with thee, and ye are truely a man alone in the eys of this House.

The time for thee to be an active effective member of this community has passed from ye past failures as a dueler, not in skill, but in strength of character. There is very little I could ever think of that thee could do to ever gain the trust and respect of this community. Have ye personal goals, but know it will never be made easier for thee, in fact I am sure ye will have it harder then any who have come before ye.

Baroness Adeena, I have every confidence that ye skill will show this challenger how the community responds to the idea of him holding a title. Just a side note, you have only one week to respond with the arrangements of the challenge match from Golden's confirmation, and the date you chose must be within the two weeks after your response.

Baphelocutis est Lathadoscia
Holder of the 1st Baron Ring.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:58 am

Date: 8/31/97 4:44 PM Pacific Standard Time

::tacks a small note::

Baph~

I am posting this publicly because I want everyone to know.

Though I do not agree with Ecore's reasoning for challenging the Baroness, I feel I should remind you that though you may be the leader of my House, you by no means have the right to speak for me, or for any other House member without consulting us.

I am not disagreeing with your position on this challenge (not all of it at least), I am merely stating my right to form my own opinions.

~Sidartha est Lathadoscia
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/1/97 4:36 AM Pacific Standard Time

::Cheers quietly for Sid.::

-That's- telling him what for!
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/1/97 11:33 PM Pacific Standard Time

The Commoner trusts that Madame Sidartha est Lathadoscia permits the same courtesy to others that she wishes accorded to herself in the matter of forming opinions.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:59 am

Date: 9/2/97 10:12 AM Pacific Standard Time

um...I thought the house L was being dissolved....or is it just being, MOSTLY dissolved, not ALL dissolved....mostly dissolved being still slightly UNdissolved, and all dissolved being well...never mind, you get the point.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:59 am

Date: 9/2/97 2:05 PM Pacific Standard Time

I, myself, am assuming the challenge has been rescinded as E has turned to ashes and has blown away to the four winds...