Results of Pathfinder Challenge (8/2/2000)

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Results of Pathfinder Challenge (8/2/2000)

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 5:44 pm

Date: 8/4/2000 9:39 AM Central Daylight Time

On the evening in question I was asked to officiate the Challenge Match for the Opal known as Pathfinder. The gem's defender was one Anubis Karos and his challenger was Xerzes Helmut Darke Maureen. Mr. Karos did confirm that he was the legitimate holder of Pathfinder, and Mr. Maureen did state that he wished to continue with his issued challenge.

Both acknowledged and agreed to the stipulation that this was to be a best of three matches deciding factor. With the required acknowlegements out of the way, the matches between Mr. Karos and Mr. Maureen did proceed as follows.

Much of the first match proceeded with both fighters being closely matched. Neither one saw an extensive lead for its duration to the eleventh round. It was apparent to myself that by the end of it these two gentlemen would feel the harsh effects of their match, and the flow of blood certainly did not prove me wrong.
At the conclusion it was obvious that Xerzes Maureen had indeed bested Anubis Karos with a score of five against four. (Final Xerzes M def AnubiKar 5-4)

Immediately these two picked up the pace and began what would be the second match of three. Again, almost in mirror of their first match, there wasn't much space between their advancing scores. It was clear to me that both men were reaching the ends of their limits though as blow after blow sent them staggering. It was with no surprise that a breather was requested by Anubis at this match's conclusion.
Again they held until the eleventh round when with a fall of luck, Anubis did take Xerzes from the air with a well placed jab ending it with a score of five against four. (Final AnubiKar def Xerzes M 5-4)

After a brief pause to rest the third match of three began. It was clear, even after catching their breath, that both fighters were exhausted. Muscles were beginning to rebel against the punishment that was forced upon them.
The conclusion became apparent at the end of the seventh round when Anubis did again throw that gauntleted jab against the kick of Xerzes for a score of five against three. (Final AnubiKar def Xerzes M 5-3)

And so, it is my duty to report to the community of those who hold interest in such, that Xerzes did complete his challenge for Pathfinder but the night favored Anubis.

The Opal known as Pathfinder remains until another day, in the possession of Anubis Karos.

Thus signed, sealed and delivered, by my hand
Trinity Lowdye
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Results of Pathfinder Challenge (8/2/2000)

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 5:45 pm

Date: 8/4/2000 6:41 PM Central Daylight Time

Where's my money? Oh, and this was a pathetic challenge. Anubis, I hope you are proud of your first defense. It was against a worthless and pathetic oaf. Congrats.

Sarcastically,

Dustin Manjahcapery

Baron of the Seventh Ring

Holder of the Yellow Opal, Moonberyl.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 5:46 pm

Date: 8/14/2000 1:43 PM Central Daylight Time

Dustin, please remove this facade of "toughness" and fall back to your lonesome-self. I remember the days when you used to whine when you dueled me. Now you think you're some tough guy.

Xerzes may not be the best duelist, but at least he doesn't walk around with a splintered broom stick up his arse. You probably enjoy the feeling, bucko.

~ Derek
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Date: 8/14/2000 5:42 PM Central Daylight Time

Is Derek posting again?

Awww, how cute.

Dustin Manjahcapery

Baron of the Seventh Ring

Holder of the Yellow Opal, Moonberyl.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 5:48 pm

Date: 8/15/2000 12:14 AM Central Daylight Time

I'm not the best duelist. Neither is Anubis. Neither is Dustin. Everyone loses.

Xerzes Maureen