Into Rhydin

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Into Rhydin

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 5:58 pm

Date: 9/5/2000 9:54 PM Central Daylight Time

"Hazel! Hazel, girl, where are you?" Edan Cavell sounded on the brink of despair. He threw his hands up, and wiped his face tiredly. "This is no place for my dear daughter!" His two sons, Marc and Tait, tried to calm their father, but Edan pushed them away. "Go find her, and pray we get her home safe and sound." He took the reigns of their cart, the horses eager to move, and climbed up to drive.
"Meet back at the Red Dragon. Maybe, just maybe, she's there."

The young men nodded to their father, watching him head up the darkening street with a shared sigh. Tait turned, glancing in the opposite direction, as Marc immediately struck off that way. Surprised, Tait called out, "Don't you think we should check these shops here first?" Several signs proclaimed clothing, leather and jewelry for sale.

Marc smirked, waving for his brother to hurry along with him. "Tait, if I know Hazel, she did not bug dad to let her to come with us so she could look for skirts." Tait scratched his head, unable to guess Marc's theory himself. His brother snorted and spun, losing patience in light of the growing situation. "I know where she is, " he said, moving down the street purposefully.

"You do?" Tait hurried after, looking around quickly, as if his little sister might somehow appear in a nearby shop's doorway.

"Yeah, I do, " Marc answered, taking a sharp left, leading them down another busy Rhydin street. "The Adventurer's Emporium" stood at the end, an impressive two-story structure. Tait blinked.

"Our little sister, an adventuress?"

"No, our little sister, in a lot of trouble!" His brother corrected him, as they arrived at the Emporium's entrance.