Volume One The Voice of the Inner Worlds Edition two

Publisher:Garon Fondor
Editor: Sylyim Fondor
Editorials Garumph Fondor
Secretary Lili Fondor
Socials Evan Fondor
Reporter: Eli Grady

Archmage Tournament ~ Final Results

The fourth day of the ninth month by the Eastern calendar saw an excellent match between Mage Mur Ollavan (MurOllavan), the challenger and the ArchMage Melgarth Mithmellon (Melgarth ) defending. This was a best two out of three matches and both men had prepared well. In the first match the ArchMage eked out a narrow victory. In the second match the ArchMage flattened his opponent convincingly to defend his title for the second consecutive time,
beginning his third cycle of reign on Twilight Island. Congratulations to all that participated.

This was also a night of unusual and interesting events. Mystik Silverhand, Supervisor of the Duel of Magic, had ordered a conventional dress from her dear friend Arane. What was delivered was a dress that was anything but conventional. Mystik elected to wear the dress rather then delay the match and I am sure her heart was in her mouth when she stepped out into public.

I was there, and never have I seen so many svelte curves packed into so little of a dress. She was absolutely stunning. Our social editor has further comments in his column about what he saw. All this reporter can say is "Mystik, we didn't know you had it, you've hidden it so well."

During the lull between the matches and as opportunity presented itself, I interviewed Syous of Mystara (SyousMyst). As you may recall he, for publically undisclosed reasons, dropped out of the preliminaries after the first round. I asked him about why he had chosen to withdraw he replied that he had not been injured and that his reasons were personal. At this point Challenger Mur Ollavan, from the ring, stated to the effect that Syous had
withdrawn because he was afraid to face him in the ring. Syous' face became a study in malevolence, but he quietly dismissed the words of Mur. I was reminded of the face of a man I once interviewed who pulled the wings off butterflies. I expect that eventually these two will meet again and that should be most interesting.

After the final match I interviewed Melgarth as to his future plans. He stated that he has no desire to compete in any arena outside of the DoM and looks forward to defending his title. He is seeking 8 consecutive titles as ArchMage to set a new record.

I asked the ArchMage how he saw himself. His reply was he pictured himself as a dark and foreboding person with low morality. I have no way of knowing about his morality, but to me he is more of the statesman type, dignified and devious.

He did mention, and appeared to quite take pride in, the fact that his father Daegarth Mithmellon (Daegarth) was contending for the Overlordship of the DoS.

That's it from the rings.
Eli Grady reporting.

THE SOCIALS
BY EVAN FONDOR

Well, let me tell you what I saw last night. The prim and proper Mystk Silverhand in a darling dress made for her by the fabulous Arane. Yes, none other then Arane expended her time and talent to make the ordinary look extraordinary. She succeeded well beyond her goal.

The dress was absolutely charming, made of a silvery violet material with thin straps cut so low that if Mystik were to have bent over the question of whether she was an "inny" or an "outy" could have easily been answered.

The dress hugged her curves like a sentient skin with a mind of its own exposing glimpses of ivory skin and parts of Mystik that have probably never been exposed in public before.

Absolutely smashingly beautiful, the dress had a long slit in it that ran from mid thigh to her the top of the silvery heels she wore. With this dress, Arane has outdone herself. Mystik has shown the world she is not afraid to be a trend-setter and I imagine many of the eligible men-about-town will be visiting the Twilight Island to see all that they can see.

EVAN FONDOR, Social Editor

CLASSIFIED ADS

Rewards
If anyone saw the dragon that flamed the Artificers home on Silver Square in RhyDin Terraces please respond to box EMD. Small reward offered for proof positive.

$5,000 in gold coins for a certifiable virgin human female with papers, for sacrifice at the altar of Demond the Uncertain.

Services

YOU LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE, TRAVEL, EXCITEMENT? Join the RhyDin Armed forces and see the plains of existence as a ambassador of peace.
Wanted. Out-Of-Work Hedge-Witch looking for room and found. Great with kids and pets. No dragons please.

Personals
~Arhman, I saw you in the square, please come home. I love you . Jolan.~

~Jolub, the rabbit died and your not around, now what? Yolene.~

Affiliations

Looking for a quest? Tired of the same old life? Come see me, adventure awaits as a member of the Flying Legion in the Riverdell regions. No nocturnals please, the Riverdell area is in a region of perpetual daylight.
Contact Alym Vorgt at box EME.

The Galadrim is recruiting new members. This guild is made up of members of the DoM, DoF, and DoS and is currently recruiting. The Galadrim is a dueling organization that seeks to expand in RhyDin and is willing to help train and develop members in the arts of the realms by means of training and advice. If you need further information contact Irus of Masaca by the usual means.

The Ankorites Guild of Celibates has disbanded after their leader the Silver Foxe Incarnate, was arrested for nonpayment in the Street of Negotiable Affections.

Classified Rates

Small ad - one pound of gold.
Medium ad - Two pounds of gold.
Large ad - 5 pounds of gold.
Full-page ad - contact the editor.
No fairy gold accepted
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: The RhyDin Times-Reporter 2d Edition

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 6:00 pm

Date: 9/7/2000 5:46 PM Central Daylight Time

<< The Galadrim is recruiting new members. This guild is made up of members of the DoM, DoF, and DoS and is currently recruiting. The Galadrim is a dueling organization that seeks to expand in RhyDin and is willing to help train and develop members in the arts of the realms by means of training and advice. If you need further information contact Irus of Masaca by the usual means. >>
To the Rhydin Times:

I sent a much longer article than this! As I told reporter Eli Grady, I am willing to pay for larger amounts of space. Anyway, I must take matters into my own hands....

To the dueling community,

Here is the complete text of the original article, modified to keep up with recent events:

The Galadrim is an organization of duelists from all three duels. These are Magic, Swords, and Fists. Every member is a duelist in whom the leaders of the guild have judged potential in dueling. Each member also knows much about the lands.
The older members who have rank and skill assist struggling members. In this way, the Galadrim's members help each other. The members work together to increase their own prowess and that of the group.
The Galadrim is split into 3 divisions. These are: Sorcery (Magic), Military (Swords) and Special Ops (Fists) as well as a government division containing the High Lord and his assistant. Each division has a leader. They are: Arcane Lord (Magic) True Knight (Swords) and Dark Assassin (Fists). Along with the High Lord, they make up the Galadrim's ruling body, called the council.
Each leader has his/her own group of high officers, 3 of them, and any number of members. The top-ranking high officer, called the assistant, may challenge the leader for his/her title, and any member may challenge for the next higher slot. This includes division leaders challenging the High Lord. Division leaders must hold the top free-for -all ranking (Emerald, Mage, or Warlord) or higher, in their sport, and the High Lord must hold at least one
of the division leader qualifications.
If you wish to join, first you must choose your division. Send requests for the Swords division to Daryl Kyle (Des DArtigo), Magic division to Irus Greylock (Irus of Masaca) and Fists division to Face (Face2Loran). Send further questions to the above names (especially Irus, as he wrote this), or to the High Lord, Sir Steven "Stooge" Barbarossa (T3Stooges5)

The following is the Galadrim member roster:

<<High Lord and Secretary>>
T3Stooges5- High Lord (Blue seat in council)
Vacant- Secretary
<<Armed Forces>>
Des Dartigo- True Knight (Green seat in council)
Vacant-Knight of Justice
<<Special Ops>>
Face2Loran- Dark Assassin (Black seat in council)
Codman4430- Assassin
LegolasofRhuDaur
<<Sorcery Division>>
T3Stooges5 (Irus of Masaca) - Arcane Lord (Red seat in council)
ImitationTim- Arcane Underlord
DanFernan
Gourzial
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: The RhyDin Times-Reporter 2d Edition

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 6:01 pm

Date: 9/8/2000 6:35 AM Central Daylight Time

well, hello everyone. i'm tim, the main assistant (Arcane Underlord) in the magic division. Currently, we have no swords division, because we've had a number of people removing themselves from the Galadrim, so you might want to hold those requests to Mr. Kyle (DesDArtigo).
Tim

The Galadrim Roster:

<<High Lord and Secretary>>
T3Stooges5- High Lord (Blue seat in council)
Vacant- Secretary
<<Armed Forces>>
Vacant - True Knight (Green seat in council)
Vacant-Knight of Justice
<<Special Ops>>
Face2Loran- Dark Assassin (Black seat in council)
Codman4430- Assassin
LegolasofRhuDaur
<<Sorcery Division>>
T3Stooges5 (Irus of Masaca) - Arcane Lord (Red seat in council)
ImitationTim- Arcane Underlord
DanFernan
Gourzial